PDA

View Full Version : New script to zoom in on the camera view is available

lertola2
03-03-2014, 06:30 PM
There is a new lscript available that gives Lightwave the ability to zoom in on a portion of the camera view. Chris Peterson gave me great advice and very generously wrote the bulk of the code for this script.

In conjunction with VPR this script is very handy for working on textures. It is like FPrime’s ability to zoom in on a portion of your rendered image. The way it works is that it creates a shift camera that matches the view seen through the limited region. I have been using it for a week without any issues but save your scene before using it just to be safe. You can download it here:

-Joe

vector
03-03-2014, 09:55 PM
WOW!It sounds good. Thank you

JohnMarchant
03-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Thank's very much indeed. I have need of such a tool very soon.

rave
03-04-2014, 12:39 AM
Hi.
thank you for this script.
Greetings

Andy Webb
03-04-2014, 02:43 AM
That will come in very handy indeed, many thanks.

Andy Webb
03-04-2014, 03:00 AM
Just tried it and nothing happens.

Followed the PDF instructions but no new camera is created.

Tried it in VPR and wireframe.

lertola2
03-04-2014, 05:04 AM
Just tried it and nothing happens.

Followed the PDF instructions but no new camera is created.

Tried it in VPR and wireframe.

That is interesting. What version of lightwave are you using? Is the script installed properly? Do you have limited region turned on? Did you get any kind of error message? Can you try running the script through lscript command located on the Utilities tab?

Andy Webb
03-04-2014, 05:13 AM
Lightwave 11.6.1 64 bit.

No messages, except when installing plugin "1 plugin installed".

Added it to the menu and a keyboard short cut, that was ok but neither does anything.

Quit LW and restarted, still nothing. Will try lscript commander and let you know.

Andy Webb
03-04-2014, 05:25 AM
My fault, didn't realise it does not work with real camera! That's a shame as I use that most of the time. :o

Still, for looking at textures and details I can just clone the camera and change it to Perspective, not so convenient but better than nothing. :(

It's still a handy plugin :D

Cheers

lertola2
03-04-2014, 06:10 AM
What is the difference between a real camera and a perspective camera? I have never used the real camera so I don't know how they work which is why it is excluded it from the cameras the script will work with.

Andy Webb
03-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Real camera mimics a real camera, essentially it's the same as the perspective camera but you can choose a camera type - Nikon etc and you can choose lenses.

If you are trying to match a photograph and you know the camera and lens you should get the same field of view and perspective.

There are other more subtle differences as well.

Cheers