PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Game Developers Conference on March 17-21?

Vincenzo
03-03-2014, 12:11 AM
Anyone going to Game Developers Conference on March 17-21? I am going there to pitch my software the Immortal Engine and see if I can get funding to build an rts game. My engine has a good LW importer and it would be good meet some Lightwave artists.

My website is http://www.pixellightstudios.com.

Vincent Burnett

geo_n
03-04-2014, 06:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohYE4xTNWD0
imports lws?

Vincenzo
03-04-2014, 03:47 PM
No the trees are created procedurally. Check the LW Import and troops videos. They show how I import characters that have many surfaces in LW into an in game model that has only one surface. When I import LW object I can collapse all the surfaces into one surface and combine all the textures into a single texture. Thus all the color textures are combined into one textures, while all the bump textures are combined into another textures. This allows one to render the entire character with one draw call. In the FrameHierarchy panel one can import a LW scene file as either a Hierarchy or as an animation set. When you import the LW scene as a Hierarchy it gets the model and imports it combines the textures etc and then also imports the animation data. When one imports a LW scene file as a animation set it just gets the animation data.

In the troops video you can see I import one LW scene as a FrameHierarchy. This imports the model and creates a FrameHierarchy and a single animation set (stand in this case). I then modify the LW scene in LW to do a walk cycle. I import that walk cycle LW scene as an animation set, which means it gets the animation data, but does not import the model again. Later I create LW scenes of the same character running, attacking, and dieing, and import them as animation sets also. I create an action for each of these animation sets. The AI system then calls the appropriate action to do the required task, say it wants to walk to someplace it calls the walk action.

Vincenzo
03-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Anyways I am looking for very good LW and ZBrush artist to help me with concept art. I consider myself a LWer, but I am more of a coder than an artist.

VonBon
03-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Whats the concept?

Vincenzo
03-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Hello;
Atm I cannot pay for the work. If by chance I do get funding at the GDC I can then pay for the work. In the event that I dont get funding, which I think is most likely since I dont even have concept art done, then I would have to pay them by some mutually agreed upon arrangement. For the concept art I would give a race description. The artist would then create some art based on the description and send it to me. I would then give the artist feedback on changes needed needed to match my vision for the race etc. There are three major non human races that I need concept art for. The main thing is that I find a good artist, quality matters of course, and come to some agreement on compensation for their work. If you are interested then shoot me an email at [email protected]

Vincenzo
03-11-2014, 06:59 PM
I guess no one is interested. If someone would help me with the concept art , I would be grateful and if and when I got some money would repay them. There are different methods that I could pay them back with. I feel its best that I and the artist should discuss repayment before hand, so nobody feels screwed.