PDA

View Full Version : LW 11.6.2 missing simple functions

macahuna
03-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Sorry for the double post from the Mac forum, but I'm desperate! Last week LW Modeler was working fine, but now LW ignores both the Backspace and Delete keys on my Mac (Cmd-X works, though). There's also no way to get a Select Loop command. I had a keyboard shortcut for it, but it doesn't work, and the command is missing from the Select menu. It's also gone from the Edit Keys menu. What in the world have I done to cause this, and how in the heck can I fix it?

Thanks!

3DGFXStudios
03-03-2014, 03:00 AM
You can load a key preset in the "edit keyboard shortcuts" menu. If that is not working it's probably an os thing that overwrites the LW keys.

Danner
03-03-2014, 03:23 AM
When commands are missing it is usually that your config got messed up. If you have a backup load that, if not you are going to have to reinstall LW and it's plugins again.

Greenlaw
03-03-2014, 03:30 AM
I had that same problem after I installed 11.6.2 as well. Switching to different presets did not help. Surprisingly, this issue occurred on more than one machine for me so maybe it was an issue with a particular installer? Anyway, I deleted the configs, re-installed the plug-ins, and rebuilt my configs just to be sure. And, yes, once you get the configs working the way you like, be sure to make backups--that will save you a lot of headache if they get corrupted or otherwise messed up in the future.

G

Edit: I'm on Win 7, so the problem is apparently not platform specific. I have to do an install on another machine today--will see if the problem exists there tool.

spherical
03-03-2014, 03:04 PM
When commands are missing it is usually that your config got messed up.

Or, as we have seen before, the UI has been changed in the new version and using previous or backup configs copies won't work, as they are no longer compatible.

macahuna
03-13-2014, 11:39 AM
Thanks for all the input. Sorry to say, I couldn't get any of it to work... I ended up uninstalling LW completely and downloading/installing the latest build. Everything works fine now. FWIW, I have no idea why, but I DO NOT HAVE a NewTek folder in my Application Support folder. Just for grins, I manually added one, but after the installation, it's still empty. Yeah, I had to go back and redo shortcuts and add in all the plugins, but that's a little discomfort compared to the program missing things entirely! Thanks again!