PDA

View Full Version : Batch set "invert layer"?

Sebasvideo
03-02-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm pretty sure there's not a way because I searched for this everywhere, but I thought I'd ask anyway. I have to uncheck "invert layer" on the texture editor on over a hundred luminosity texture layers that came that way on import from FBXs. Since doing it one by one is obviously a tedius and time wasting task, I was hoping there would be a script or something to do this all at once.

Thomas Leitner
03-03-2014, 12:30 AM
I'm pretty sure there's not a way because I searched for this everywhere, but I thought I'd ask anyway. I have to uncheck "invert layer" on the texture editor on over a hundred luminosity texture layers that came that way on import from FBXs. Since doing it one by one is obviously a tedius and time wasting task, I was hoping there would be a script or something to do this all at once.

Select all surfaces in the "Surface Editor", then open the "Texture Editor" for Luminosity and uncheck "Invert Layer" for all surfaces at once.

ciao
Thomas

Sebasvideo
03-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Damn, I had tried that yesterday and for some reason it didn't work, so I thought it wasn't possible. Now I tried it again and it worked. I wish I had tried it again yesterday, it would have saved me about an hour of going through over 300 textures unchecking invert layer for both luminosity and reflection.

Sebasvideo
03-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Select all surfaces in the "Surface Editor", then open the "Texture Editor" for Luminosity and uncheck "Invert Layer" for all surfaces at once.

ciao
Thomas

I just tried this, and I don't think it works. I selected all 326 surfaces in my project, clicked on luminosity, unchecked Invert Layer and suddenly all the textures went to hell. It seems to me that what this does is apply the all the properties in the texture editor, including the texture selected in that editor, and then you end up with all the surfaces having the same texture. Of course I had saved scene and all objects before doing this, so it was just a matter of doing a revert to last saved.

jeric_synergy
03-04-2014, 01:35 AM
Yikes. Hmmm..... you might ask in the Scripting forums too.

dwburman
03-08-2014, 08:43 AM
if you are using image textures, wouldn't checking "invert" on the images in the Image Editor work?

jeric_synergy
03-08-2014, 10:23 AM
If it were 100%, sure, but the question is still valid: is there any mechanism POSSIBLE to batch alter (any given parameter).

JoePoe
03-10-2014, 05:48 PM
:stumped: The multi-select from the list and make a change is working fine for me.

Edit: HA! Two seconds after I posted I was able to break it. So.... not 100% reliable.