PDA

View Full Version : Eye Rig Question

LWHound
03-02-2014, 06:37 AM
The eyes of my character are slightly angled. To create an eye-target suitable for the offset I have two nulls acting as individual targets for each eye, with the bone of each eye using a follower to target the respective null. Moving each null makes the respective eye follow it as required. All well and good.

However, between the eye nulls I have another null, acting as an eye-target master. Each of the eye nulls has a follower applied to it to move with the master null. So, in theory, you move the master null and each eye null follows it, wish each eye bone pointing towards its own null, despite their offset.

But this doesn not happen. The master causes each eye null to follow it, but the bones of each eye stay put. Hmmm ...

Any pointers (forgive the pun) would be much appreciated please.

kindest regards,

LWHound.

LWHound
03-02-2014, 06:52 AM
D'oH (slaps own forehead). I just parent the two eye nulls to the master and take ojf the followers. NOW it works as expected.

Please forgive my wasted post, I've been sat in front of this thing too long. Time for a break.

Apologies.

RebelHill
03-02-2014, 06:57 AM
In this case, parenting is the ideal method. It would work with follower too, but follower must have aftekIK turned off. Evaluation orders are an important thing to understand when rigging...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPFi8zY3B4g&index=10&list=PLTds3QePYrWEWipwKkLmyNT4Tf_JTigM2

LWHound
03-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Woo. Divine! Many thanks RebelHill for the instructional link. Much appreciated.

Now if I can only figure out why layout crashes on me when the render phase 'freezing mesh' reaches 100% I can actually get some output.

Thanks again.