PDA

View Full Version : Sort list of images in Image Editor?

Sebasvideo
03-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Strangely I can't find anything on this anywhere, and I would imagine it's something most people would be inconvenienced about, but there doesn't seem to be a way to sort the list of images alphabetically in the Image Editor, and they appear in the same order in the drop down list to assign a UV texture, so on a project with dozens or even a few hundred textures this can get frustrating when having to go through a long list of textures.

I can't find information on this anywhere, is there a way to sort them out? Maybe a script?

Areyos Alektor
03-02-2014, 03:15 PM
You can do this via the command "(load image)" in the "Texture Editor". If you use Control Panel of the operating system is like in your file Explorer. If not in "Display Options" / "Interface" / "File Dialog" you choose "VBFileRequester", which is probably what you are looking for.

Sebasvideo
03-02-2014, 03:29 PM
In a way, but the problem is that the Load Image command is listed at the bottom of all the textures that are already loaded, which as of now are 507. So I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to load the texture and then take an extra step to load it from the explorer dialog.

The problem I have is that all the reflection textures are missing, however the texture button is enabled and has a UVMap, but on the Image drop down list it shows (none). So I have to click to get the drop down list, go down five hundred images and then get to the reflection ones that I added manually to the list in image editor. I just wish there was to sort them out so they would appear alphabetically and I wouldn't have to go all the way to the bottom of the list for each building that is missing the reflection texture.

JoePoe
03-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Well there is this plug for alphabetizing the Additional list for plugins (https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/entry/shm-alphabetize-additional/).

Maybe someone can repurpose it for the Image Editor .... etc. :stumped:

Sebasvideo
03-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Yes, and also the surface editor. I wasted the whole afternoon going through hundreds of surfaces and textures, and it would have taken me considerably less time if I could have alphabetized. At least the surface editor has a filter function, the image editor does not, but it wouldn't help in the drop down list anyway.

Sebasvideo
03-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Someone could also write a script or plugin that toggles the lock in all selected items, another thing that wastes a ton of time if you have dozens or even hundreds of items.

JoePoe
03-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Maybe you should take a stroll on down to the LScript threads and throw a line out. ;)

Sebasvideo
03-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Maybe you should take a stroll on down to the LScript threads and throw a line out. ;)

Oh, sure. I didn't know there was a scripts section.

dee
03-03-2014, 06:22 AM
You can drag and drop images from Explorer directly onto the image thumbnail window, no need to use the drop down.

Sebasvideo
03-03-2014, 11:29 AM
You can drag and drop images from Explorer directly onto the image thumbnail window, no need to use the drop down.

Great, thanks!

Snosrap
03-03-2014, 12:01 PM

Great! - I did not know that!