PDA

View Full Version : HDR light Studio Problems!

Sean Martin
02-28-2014, 01:52 AM
Hi fellow Mac Wavers,

Has anybody installed the demo of HDRI Light Studio yet? I have and I'm having some problems. I've followed the installation process and I have Light studio and LiveLight working as a stand alone app working. But I cannot get it to work as a plugin through Lightwave. When I hit enable I get an error message "Can't open the HDRLs shared library". I've tried it on 2 of our work Macs, one running Mavericks the other running Lion, both give me the same error message.

My home Mac is running Snow Leopard and I cannot even get the plugins to load into lightwave at all.

Yesterday I received a new email link from Lightmap, saying there was an error in the initial Demo download. The problems still persist after installing the new demo.

Anybody else got this working on their Mac?

PressureDrop
02-28-2014, 05:04 AM
I have the same problem on Mavericks. I've emailed the guys there. Hopefully there'll be a fix or work around. I'll let you know if i get a response.

Seggy
02-28-2014, 05:59 AM
This is fixed... update demo edition going live shortly! Sorry guys!!!!
I'll post here when its live.
Mark
Lightmap Ltd - creators of HDR Light Studio

Seggy
02-28-2014, 06:16 AM
OK, please download the demo again and this bug is fixed! You can use the link you were already sent in your email... or register again if that expired. Thanks

PressureDrop
02-28-2014, 07:06 AM
Works for me now, great job! Thanks Seggy. :)

gerry_g
02-28-2014, 07:42 AM
Odd Mavericks fine SnowLeopard no go, considering the Modo one runs in SnowLeopard this is strange indeed

Seggy
02-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Odd Mavericks fine SnowLeopard no go, considering the Modo one runs in SnowLeopard this is strange indeed

Please do try the latest demo put up today Gerry_G. :-)

gerry_g
02-28-2014, 04:29 PM
maybe we are at cross purposes the LightWave plugin that I can retrieve from my HDR Light Studio account is at version 4-1-9 and says was last modified on Feb 24, this will most definitely not load in LW11.6.1 when run from SnowLeopard

Sean Martin
03-01-2014, 02:18 AM
Yes I can confirm the latest build still does not load into snow leopard, ill have to wait until monday to test on my works computers to see if it works on mavericks.

jackany
03-02-2014, 06:24 AM
...to see if it works on mavericks.

Here, v4.3 Demo (lw PlugIn v4.1.9) works fine on Mavericks 10.9.2 and LW 10.6.1

Sean Martin
03-03-2014, 08:07 AM
maybe we are at cross purposes the LightWave plugin that I can retrieve from my HDR Light Studio account is at version 4-1-9 and says was last modified on Feb 24, this will most definitely not load in LW11.6.1 when run from SnowLeopard

I finally got it working in Mavericks, I will test my mac at home tonight(SnowLeopard). You need the plugin dated 28th February!

PressureDrop
03-06-2014, 01:57 PM
I've got to say, having played with this plugin for less than a week, I love it. It's revolutionised my scene building and workflow. Well worth the money. Happy days! :)