PDA

View Full Version : Audio Output 2 staying AUX

joseburgos
02-26-2014, 07:06 PM
I would love it if the audio routing feature in the Output window gave us Master 1 or Master 2 or AUX 1 or AUX2 as choices and not grouped together.
The other thing I really could use is changing the audio on Output only affects embeded SDI audio. Reason for this is if I am using the AUX audio outs to route audio to an external mixer and I want to use Output 2 to say down convert but have master audio, I can't because then my XLR audio Output2 now becomes master and can't use to interface to external mixer anymore.This is a real bummer for me.

JonRaidel
02-27-2014, 03:18 PM
I think i have a solution...
use output 3 to down convert but follow output 2.

so your audio settings would look like this:

Output 1: Program + Master 1,2
Output 2: Program + Aux 1,2
Output 3: Follow 2 + Master 1,2 + Downconvert Option

joseburgos
02-28-2014, 04:12 AM
Thanks Jon for SD down convert that should work but if I do clean and dirty I still have the problem.

JonRaidel
02-28-2014, 12:32 PM
just Change Output 2 to Program Clean. That will give you Program/PGM Audio & PGM Clean/PGM Audio with the Down Convert option

Output 1: Program + Master 1,2
Output 2: Program (Clean) + Aux 1,2
Output 3: Follow 2 + Master 1,2 + Downconvert Option

kanep
02-28-2014, 03:31 PM
Output 3 doesn't have a separate scaler for down convert, it will be the same format as what it is told to follow.

joseburgos
03-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Output 3 doesn't have a separate scaler for down convert, it will be the same format as what it is told to follow.

That is what I thought but have not double checked it out, been too busy.

Well then I'm back to promote the addition of keeping the Output XLR's Master and AUX locked to Master and AUX. I request this with keeping the addition of setting Output 1 and 2 to be either master or aux but this only is for the embedded audio and record audio. I would really like the addition of my version of embedded audio and recording audio to also be Master 1, Master 2, AUX 1 or AUX 2. Not and as it is now (Master 1&2 or AUX 1&2).
This request comes from having the ability of using an external audio mixer to handle audio with TriCaster AUX channels being able to feed the external mixer based on the TriCaster audio routing setting (ProLine). Right now if you route an audio input to aux 2 as an example, and then change your output setting to not have AUX 1&2 (as is right now), the routing settings set to AUX 1 or 2 become useless as they can't be output anymore from XLR Output 2a,b,c&d or any other output as far as I know.
As a compromise, if one changes the output settings to NOT have AUX 1&2 set on Output 1 and 2, then the audio mixer should ghost out/grey out the AUX 1 and AUX 2 from the router settings as a way to follow the output settings as they are now (or if one chooses AUX 1&2 then router setting ghost out/grey out Master 1 and2).

A fantasy setting would be change audio routing to be Out 1, 2, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7 or 8 and have the same ability for Output embedded audio and ISO record settings. Then lock XLR outputs to 1abcd to be 1-4 output and 2abcd to be 5-8 outputs for analog cabling. This would allow full audio routing based on all the allowable outputs on the TriCaster.

PIZAZZ
03-16-2014, 03:25 PM
Wow Jose. Why don't you go ahead and ask for Full multiple audio in and out via Dante/AVB via the network in while you are at it..?
Oh wait. I already did but I am going to do that again.

Always pushing for more. :)

bryanharley
01-21-2016, 10:44 PM
A fantasy setting would be change audio routing to be Out 1, 2, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7 or 8 and have the same ability for Output embedded audio and ISO record settings. Then lock XLR outputs to 1abcd to be 1-4 output and 2abcd to be 5-8 outputs for analog cabling. This would allow full audio routing based on all the allowable outputs on the TriCaster.

Yes, this would be awesome!

SBowie
01-22-2016, 06:12 AM
Advanced Edition 2, which is how we're now referring to the next major increment, has four complete, unfettered 4x4 matrix routers for every audio source.

bryanharley
02-08-2016, 09:46 PM
So will I be able to do 3 aux outs so I can send my DDR1, DDR2, and Sound players separately to my audio
mixer?

JonRaidel
02-09-2016, 07:37 AM
i think everyone should just use audio externally and let the switcher be a switcher. the tricaster is tired of our crap :)

SBowie
02-09-2016, 07:59 AM
So will I be able to do 3 aux outs so I can send my DDR1, DDR2, and Sound players separately to my audio
mixer?Direct connection to physical outputs would require a little thought, depending on model - if there are enough connectors, you should be able to work it out. Certainly the internal buses and routing capabilities are there.

joseburgos
02-09-2016, 08:38 AM
i think everyone should just use audio externally and let the switcher be a switcher. the tricaster is tired of our crap :)

My pal Jon,
Here is a true world example for your consideration;
TriCaster: 3 SDI embedded remote interview feeds> TC SDI Inputs 4-6, Audio 4-6 set to SDI Embedded> Input 4 is panned all to the left and assigned AUX 1 A/B only, Input 5 is panned all to the right and assigned AUX 1 A/B only, Input 6 is panned to the left and assigned AUX 2 A/B only and DDR2 is panned to the right and assigned AUX 2 A/B (Can be only AUX or AUX and Master 1 depending on your production) > 4 XLR cables connect to Audio Out 2 A-D > Cables A-D are connected to external audio board inputs 4-7 (as an example). Audio input 1 is set to MAster 1 only.
External audio board Input 1 is host, 2 is on set guest and the external audio board has 4 AUX outs > AUX 1 trim on all inputs being used, all set to desirable level except Input 1 which is totally down, AUX 2 has all set to desirable level except input 4, AUX 3 has all set to desirable level except Input 5, AUX 4 has all set to desirable level except Input 6, Input 7 (TC DDR) has all AUX 1-4 all set to desirable level.
Audio board master output > TC analog input 1 A/B, AUX 1 Out > External IFB program in to host, AUX 2 out> Return audio to remote feed 1, AUX 3 out> Return audio to remote feed 2, AUX 4 out> Return audio to remote feed 3

External Audio OP: Controls which track is up depending on show handling all audio Mic's, remote feeds and TriCaster DDR

I've done this more than enough times leveraging the TriCaster to de-embed audio from SDI feed and using external audio borad to handle all the mix minus and IFB program. Since TriCaster does not have trims for AUX levels, an external audio board is necessary to adjust desirable levels for IFB and return audio as each can have different audio level needs.

PS I wrote this quick so if I missed a connection or step feel free to send my private message if you need to use this configuration for your production :)

Take care,

JonRaidel
02-09-2016, 08:45 AM
My pal Jon,
Here is a true world example for your consideration;
TriCaster: 3 SDI embedded remote interview feeds> TC SDI Inputs 4-6, Audio 4-6 set to SDI Embedded> Input 4 is panned all to the left and assigned AUX 1 A/B only, Input 5 is panned all to the right and assigned AUX 1 A/B only, Input 6 is panned to the left and assigned AUX 2 A/B only and DDR2 is panned to the right and assigned AUX 2 A/B (Can be only AUX or AUX and Master 1 depending on your production) > 4 XLR cables connect to Audio Out 2 A-D > Cables A-D are connected to external audio board inputs 4-7 (as an example). Audio input 1 is set to MAster 1 only.
External audio board Input 1 is host, 2 is on set guest and the external audio board has 4 AUX outs > AUX 1 trim on all inputs being used, all set to desirable level except Input 1 which is totally down, AUX 2 has all set to desirable level except input 4, AUX 3 has all set to desirable level except Input 5, AUX 4 has all set to desirable level except Input 6, Input 7 (TC DDR) has all AUX 1-4 all set to desirable level.
Audio board master output > TC analog input 1 A/B, AUX 1 Out > External IFB program in to host, AUX 2 out> Return audio to remote feed 1, AUX 3 out> Return audio to remote feed 2, AUX 4 out> Return audio to remote feed 3

External Audio OP: Controls which track is up depending on show handling all audio Mic's, remote feeds and TriCaster DDR

I've done this more than enough times leveraging the TriCaster to de-embed audio from SDI feed and using external audio borad to handle all the mix minus and IFB program. Since TriCaster does not have trims for AUX levels, an external audio board is necessary to adjust desirable levels for IFB and return audio as each can have different audio level needs.

PS I wrote this quick so if I missed a connection or step feel free to send my private message if you need to use this configuration for your production :)

Take care,

My Main Man Jose,

totally get the use for it. it all boils down to budgeting. thats all I was meaning to say.
youve seen a peek of our facility here, Im lucky enough to only use the Aux Out to feed DDR audio to our audio mixer.