PDA

View Full Version : Medical Video done mostly in Lightwave

mummyman
02-26-2014, 01:52 PM
I can finally show one of our latest videos. Sorry it's low-quality... hopefully can post some stills / wireframes soon if anyone wants to see...

http://www.peregrineinc.com/technology/bavituximab-oncology/mechanism-of-action.html

Lightwave 11.6 / After Effects. A few extreme closeup shots were done in XSI from a freelancer. Enjoy!

Lewis
02-26-2014, 02:31 PM
looks great. You used Instancing or ?

mummyman
02-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Indeed! For some of the shots.

digitaldoc
02-26-2014, 03:22 PM
Nice job! Well illustrated concepts too.

50one
02-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Looking nice!

ernpchan
02-26-2014, 05:58 PM
Great visuals. Thank goodness for them because I understood every 5th word by the narrator. I'd say it was an educational video but I feel dumber than ever.

In the end I felt it was saying "Eat more healthy vegetables."
:D

robpowers3d
02-26-2014, 06:13 PM
I can finally show one of our latest videos. Sorry it's low-quality... hopefully can post some stills / wireframes soon if anyone wants to see...

http://www.peregrineinc.com/technology/bavituximab-oncology/mechanism-of-action.html

Lightwave 11.6 / After Effects. A few extreme closeup shots were done in XSI from a freelancer. Enjoy!

Yes we love these shots! Thanks for sharing.

lertola2
02-26-2014, 09:54 PM
Beautiful work. Very clear and interesting.

sami
02-26-2014, 11:33 PM
great work! I particularly liked the soft palette you choose, the wavering of the cells that made them feel alive, and the floating in liquid motion of everything! That would have been tricky to get right. Nice job!

hrgiger
02-26-2014, 11:48 PM
Nice work!

mummyman
02-27-2014, 07:52 AM
Great visuals. Thank goodness for them because I understood every 5th word by the narrator. I'd say it was an educational video but I feel dumber than ever.

In the end I felt it was saying "Eat more healthy vegetables."
:D

Haaa.. Yeah, sometimes I have no clue what's going on either! Just making pretty stuff. Totally understand how you feel!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes we love these shots! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Rob!! As usual...LW makes things fast and easy. (BUT please give us render passes! LOL)

Thanks everyone! Sorry for the low-rez website link. We haven't put it up on our website yet. Hope to have some high rez images / wireframes eventually I can post if anyone wants to see.

Axis3d
02-27-2014, 12:26 PM
Great lighting, atmosphere, shaders - its all good. nice job.

mummyman
02-27-2014, 02:01 PM
Great lighting, atmosphere, shaders - its all good. nice job.

Thanks! I like using volume lights when I can. Give things a subtle addition.. well, in this video, I guess it's strong.

inkpen3d
02-28-2014, 05:13 AM
Another excellent video from you guys at xvivo and, as always, something to aspire to! :)

Your posting is very timely as a long-term family friend has ovarian cancer which, despite plenty of warning signs, the brain-dead doctors here failed to diagnose early enough. Consequently, by the time the cancer was discovered, it had spread throughout her body and she was in early stage 3 (terminal). Since her only hope lies with cutting-edge treatments such as Bavituximab, I've forwarded the video link to her in the clutching-at-straws hope that it might prove to be of some use.

Regards,
Peter

mummyman
02-28-2014, 11:05 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I've become so numb to the fact that sometimes these videos are actually meant to help people! I appreciate the kind words and hope that somehow something can remotely help!

inkpen3d
02-28-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I've become so numb to the fact that sometimes these videos are actually meant to help people! I appreciate the kind words and hope that somehow something can remotely help!

Much appreciated - many thanks on behalf of my friend.

johnliebler
03-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Nice work as usual, Brett. What are you using for the subsurface shading, and what are your rendertimes like?

mummyman
03-07-2014, 11:43 AM
I lucked out this time and used Fast Skin with little to no artifacts. Thanks John!

chikega
03-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Very nice! Did you use the Sigma 2 Nodal shader for the subsurface scattering effect?