PDA

View Full Version : What kind of displays are good for LW?

yoshiii
02-24-2014, 09:43 PM
Hello

What kind are displays good for LW? Can the same monitors used in gaming used for 3D work?

JonW
02-24-2014, 11:20 PM
The more real estate the better. I do architectural work & being able to see as much of a drawing as one can makes life so much easier or zooming into a detail. I actually have a 30" as main for LW & another 30" on a Mac Mini so I can look at reference material while working on the PC with LW.

Scene editor & other menus will swallow a lot of real estate, & it is nice to leave a lot of the menus open all the time.

If you can't stretch to a 30" or 2. A couple of 27" monitors are the go. Failing that, at least 1 x 27".

Last but not least, when customers see your desk with a handful of large monitors it sends a message that you mean business. This have been very useful for various reasons in my situation. Monitor real estate is more effective than the "finger" for customers that get up your goat!

Edit: I may have misunderstood the question. I have used Dell & always wait till a special is on. It is worth getting a Spyder or similar for calibration. More so with todays monitors.

Also try to run the monitor at 90cd/m2 brightness. Basically virtually all monitors at their lowest brightness setting if they can actually go that low, most can't. This will all become apparent once you get hardware calibration.

Have a look at
northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/profiling/spyder3elite.html