PDA

View Full Version : DDR Audio Fade on Dissolves

larrygrimes
02-24-2014, 10:19 AM
As far as I can tell, there is no way to set up a Tricaster (we are using 850 models) to have the audio from a DDR clip automatically fade out upon a transition to another source or clip. So, when you're playing an intro or title sequence from the DDR and then you dissolve to a camera source, the audio from the DDR abruptly ends. The only way to get around this is to manually fade the DDR audio fader from within Tricaster. This presents problems when you only have two hands.

So, I would love to see a feature that allows the user to set a desired "Fade Out Audio" time to individual clips in the DDR, so that when you switch from the clip to a live camera, the audio gradually fades out. I say it would be nice to apply to indiviual clips, rather than just to the DDR as a whole, because you may have some clips that NEED to end abruptly when you switch from them, and others that you need to fade, all within the same event. I would want to be able to set the "fade out audio" time from anything between 15 fames and 10 seconds, depending on the situation, and the fade would have to begin upon hitting "Take", "Auto Trans" or using the T-Bar.

Or have I missed something entirely, and this feature is already a part of the Tricaster 850? Thanks!

kltv
02-24-2014, 11:08 AM
There is a way to do it, but it adds a little complication. If you turn off Autoplay, and turn on Audio Follow for the DDR, you should get what you are after. What the problem really boils down to is that even with "Audio Follow" enabled on the DDR, as soon as the transition is complete, "Auto Play" immediately cues the next clip in the DDR. There is (should be with follow) and audio fade happening, but your hard abrupt end is actually the next clip cueing so you miss the fade that actually happens.

So… if you turn off "Auto Play" you can get the fade, but you have to manually roll the DDR.

Kris

Buddy.Hannon
03-07-2014, 06:32 AM
What i do, when I'm building my openings, is to add the audio and then have the audio fade in the clip itself. This was I start with the Black in program and the DDR in preview (I have single and Autoplay selected in the DDR) transisition from black to the , then I put my next source in Preview and when the DDR clips ends, it automatically fades to whatever source is in Preview. This way makes it almost a hands off operation and just takes a little more pre-production.

luismigoliveira
03-09-2014, 07:07 AM
Nice request!

I had already suggested this. Basically, it would be nice that we could choose not only the duration of the fade, but even the lag in relation to the transition of video, so you can leave a little bit of audio after the end of the video...