PDA

View Full Version : UV Spider broken

THREEL
02-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Hey everyone!! It's been a long long time, since I've posted anything on the forum. Hopefully, all my fellow LightWavers are doing well these days. Anyway, I have a question about UV mapping on v. 8.5. Yes, I know. 8.5 is a proverbial dinosaur in the LightWave world, but I've never been able to afford to upgrade. Anyway, I'm trying to utilize UV Spider, but it appears to be broken. I've tried every which way, but loose to make it work, but to no avail. I even went back to William's tutorial, but still no success. Any words of wisdom on this matter would be appreciated greatly. Thanks!

dwburman
02-23-2014, 11:57 PM
I think there is a plugin called uv creeper that might work for you. I can't say for sure though. you can do a search in the plugin section (whatever it's called) of LightWave3d.com

meshpig
02-24-2014, 12:46 AM
I don't remember it being busted in 8.5. When you have a loop which would repeat on top of itself under any other type of UV projection, UV Spider quad maps either the loop or the ring. A Spring for example... so you select 2 polys as if you were going to select a loop and depending on whether you use U or V/ odd or even the map will follow the edge.

probiner
02-24-2014, 03:38 AM
UV Creeper all the way. Only requirement is an internal loop.
There's also UV Road: http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dsproducts/FreePlugins/Modeler/UVRoad.html