PDA

View Full Version : Is Adobe looking to get into the 3D application market?

Snosrap
02-20-2014, 08:00 PM
It looks like they are looking for a 3D Graphics Researcher. Could be interesting or it could be nothing. https://adobe.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=254145&src=OTH-10460

spherical
02-20-2014, 08:40 PM
AE already does Ray-Traced 3D Rendering. http://provideocoalition.com/ryoung/story/the-ray-traced-3d-renderer-in-after-effects

Snosrap
02-20-2014, 08:47 PM
Yeah - I thought this was the interesting part of position summary "Our focus is on developing robust techniques for processing 3D data which can lead to novel experiences in the area of web design, graphic design, imaging algorithms, as well as 3D modeling. " That last part - the 3D modeling kind perked me up. :)

spherical
02-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Problem is, unless they port it into the applications themselves, so it can be run reliably, it'll be relegated to doing modeling in a browser, like we've seen others attempting. Not exactly the most stable platform for the task. Everybody's all hyped up about 3D printing and adding on capabilities to applications that have tenuous relationships to same is the thing to do. OR, it will be a new application that those of us not warming up to CC never get. Yet another come-on to subscribe to run your software.

I danno, don't see Adobe being in the modeling software business. Although, it seems that Adobe and AutoDesk are increasingly, shall we say, next to each other on a number of things. So, perhaps an interchange between one usurious giant's software and another would make more sense.

Silkrooster
02-21-2014, 02:29 AM
It would be nicer if the renderer in photoshop was much faster. It is years behind the pack. Even Bryce is faster and everyone knows how old that it.

Sebasvideo
02-21-2014, 08:29 AM
OR, it will be a new application that those of us not warming up to CC never get. Yet another come-on to subscribe to run your software.

Long live CS6. Because I prefer to own software than to rent it. Also, knowing Adobe products, if they release a 3D modeling program, it will be full of bugs.