PDA

View Full Version : load bones as skelegons in modeler, old dstorm plugin, not working

prometheus
02-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Hi there, I was testing the dstorm plugin to load skelegons from a scenefile with bones, in this case makehuman rigged figure exported as fbx, then loaded in layout and saved out as lightwave 11.6 32 bit file, the plugin
installs ok in modeler, but I get an error trying to load the scenefile.
Anyone who knows if there is another tool for this or something?

Michael

Ryan Roye
02-20-2014, 07:14 PM
Load Bones does not work on any scene files that are past 6.0. You must export a version 6.0 scene file, then use load bones on that scene in order to get the bones transferred to modeler.

prometheus
02-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Load Bones does not work on any scene files that are past 6.0. You must export a version 6.0 scene file, then use load bones on that scene in order to get the bones transferred to modeler.

Then I am screwed.

To bad there isnīt any native tool to do this since its a two split app, and you could load in daz or makehuman rigs in to skelegons and further on make them as genoma rigs...without having to draw everything from scratch and position them.

Thanks anyway.
Michael

Dodgy
02-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Why are you screwed? You can export a 6 scene just to import the bones into modeler, I've done it loads of times.

prometheus
02-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Ehh...
sorry,silly me.. I forgot about exporting to 6.0 scenefiles...have to check again.