PDA

View Full Version : Any Biased GPU renderer?

Taro Yoshimoto
02-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Today I've learned about RedShift, the world’s first fully GPU-accelerated, biased renderer. XSI and Maya only. I guy I know say he can render full HD GI scene in 4-5sec...

I am a strong advocate of biased GI as it goes so well in LW. Having both biased and GPU acceleration would be a blast!

Nothing available for LW or C4D I guess?

m.d.
02-20-2014, 05:32 PM
Today I've learned about RedShift, the world’s first fully GPU-accelerated, biased renderer. XSI and Maya only. I guy I know say he can render full HD GI scene in 4-5sec...

I am a strong advocate of biased GI as it goes so well in LW. Having both biased and GPU acceleration would be a blast!

Nothing available for LW or C4D I guess?

Octane with direct lighting kernel ambient occlusion/diffuse is biased, and you get unbiased render kernals included too.

From the manual
Direct Lighting is used for faster preview rendering. Direct Lighting
is not unbiased but is useful when creating quick animations or renders.

spherical
02-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Same goes for Thea having both Biased and Unbiased of many types on and off the GPU. Not sure how they can claim "world's first".... when it's still in first beta. No price listed yet either but, if you pay $100 for an unwatermarked version, you get $100 off the license price; whatever that may eventually turn out to be.

m.d.
02-20-2014, 10:54 PM
Redshift as I understood is using deferred lighting and other game engine tricks....which are totally valid as long as the image looks good...

But hey cryengine 3 does realtime GI at 60fps....and its a GPU accelerated biased render
http://mycryengine.com/

Taro Yoshimoto
02-22-2014, 06:43 AM
It's totally valid yes. I will look into Octane biased preview. thanks for the cue