PDA

View Full Version : Help smoothing out jittery video.. is motion blur the answer?

mwilcko
02-20-2014, 08:28 AM
I have several objects moving relatively slowly across the screen and they always appear jittery, sometimes jerky. I've tried using dither motion blur, but I really don't see any difference. The motion is so slow that the motion blur effect is very minimal and more resembles a soft filter. Is there something else I should be looking at? My render settings are:

Perspective cam, Anti Alias 4/6 with AS .03, Oversample 0.6, Motion blur (Dither) with 4 passes.

I drop my frames into Sony Movie Studio and export MP4 format 1920x1080. Data rate doesn't seem to make a difference for this issue.

Sekhar
02-20-2014, 10:00 AM
It may well be an issue with playback. I've seen this kind of behavior if (a) the video is uncompressed and the disk can't handle the bandwidth or (b) the CPU is slow/loaded and can't decode fast enough. I'd try on a different (ideally fast desktop) to eliminate these as the source of your problems before modifying your render settings.

Snosrap
02-20-2014, 10:31 AM
don't overlook the obvious - how many FPS?

spherical
02-20-2014, 05:27 PM
If it is bandwidth/decoding limitations, a render at 50% size should tell something.