PDA

View Full Version : Rendering objects with image sequence textures. image sequence renders as a still ??

SaturnX
02-19-2014, 03:15 PM
I'm pulling my hair out trying to trouble shoot a scene.
The scene comprises of lots of glass frames, with image sequences in each frame.
The image sequences play back correctly in the LW timeline.

When rendering however, what should be an image sequence only renders
as a still ?

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

ernpchan
02-19-2014, 03:57 PM
Are you applying the image as a sequence in Layout? Since it's associated with a surface, you have to make sure to save out the object again.

SaturnX
02-19-2014, 04:37 PM
Are you applying the image as a sequence in Layout? Since it's associated with a surface, you have to make sure to save out the object again.

Yeah, I hear what you are saying.
The project scene loads fine and the image sequences work correctly in the timeline, both as a preview and scrubbing. On four different computers.

But when it comes to rendering, Lightwave only renders out what seems like the first frame of the sequence for the duration of the rendered animation. The layout preview works as it should. Just not the final render.

I might try a different format of image sequence tomorrow, see if that helps.

ernpchan
02-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Your render nodes are loading in all the plugins correctly?

jeric_synergy
02-19-2014, 07:16 PM
Does it work when NOT batch rendered, ie on a single machine? NON-screamernet?

spherical
02-19-2014, 09:09 PM
But when it comes to rendering, Lightwave only renders out what seems like the first frame of the sequence for the duration of the rendered animation. The layout preview works as it should. Just not the final render.

Are you rendering the animation sequence to an image sequence or to a movie file?