PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 11 3d garage

netstile123
02-19-2014, 09:58 AM
Hi. Just passing to everyone I purchased Dan Ablans Lightwave 11 and 11.5 courses at a reduced price the last few days. Check it out. www.3dgarage.com

Had to pass this on for Dan. He makes excellent courses.

JohnMarchant
02-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Yes i already am going through his LW 11.0 courseware, very good as were all his books, will pick up LW 11.5 when i have finished.

Sebasvideo
02-19-2014, 01:58 PM
I have both, as well and Dan's course for Modo 701, and they are all great. I'm not going to name anybody, but there are some people out there selling tutorials who barely know anything about the subject they're pretending to teach, but Dan knows a lot and he's very good at showing it.

lardbros
02-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Always liked Dan's informative yet casual style of tutorials... bought all of his books, and they really did get me up to speed in LW over the years. A GREAT purchase at this price too... thanks for sharing!

netstile123
02-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Yes Dan has a way with his products. I have purchased Z brush this last few days. Would love to see Dan with Z brush. Does anyone have a course for Z brush Ideas That I can download that would be for a beginner?

spherical
02-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Yes Dan has a way with his products. I have purchased Z brush this last few days. Would love to see Dan with Z brush. Does anyone have a course for Z brush Ideas That I can download that would be for a beginner?

I'd welcome some ZBrush training from Dan. I'll share a tutorial that I'd recommend staying away from. I purchased 2 DVDs from Kurv Studios on ZBrush: Get Into ZBrush Volumes 1 & 2 by Wayne Robson and they are terrible—hideous in fact. Worst training experience I've ever encountered.

Hard to listen to.
Unfamiliar with the features - Points to something in the UI, says:
"Don't know what this does, never use it."
Coughs explosively into the microphone which, if you are listening with earphones on, nearly blows your eardrums out. Come on, retake and edit! Geez.
At a couple of points, someone in the next apartment is hammering and, instead of editing the section out, complains about the hammering all through it, yells at the neighbor, and just lets it run; while putting up a static card until the hammering stops. Seriously?!
There's more, but I think you get the idea.
Haven't bought anything form Kurv Studios since. No quality control.

tomjacobs
02-22-2014, 05:44 PM
Just bought the Lightwave 11.5 Update videos while they were on sale. I have only gone thru the first couple of videos on Modeling and found them worth the money.

dablan
12-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Thank you all! Glad you like the training. I'm finishing the now very late LightWave 3D Medical Courseware, but after that, I'm open to suggestions. Email me on what you'd like to see. I've been using LightWave professionally since 1992!

rwhunt99
12-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks Dan, I think you are a born teacher and I've not only learned a lot, but enjoyed learning through your courses!!

dablan
12-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Thanks Dan, I think you are a born teacher and I've not only learned a lot, but enjoyed learning through your courses!!

Why, thank you!

tommyc
12-11-2014, 06:35 AM
I bought both of his LW 11 training courses and really learned a lot from them. Eagerly awaiting the latest Medical training for LW. Hint Hint :)

adrian
12-11-2014, 07:40 AM
Hey Dan, I'm another who has many of your books and DVDs. As for suggestions how about some on texturing an ultra realistic human face including the eyes (ie Chris Jones's level of realism). In other words, how to use the SSS nodes, simple skin etc. Another idea would be a project based winter scene, ie realistic snow (again textured using nodes I guess) and covering that all important lighting setup to get the utmost realism.

As for Zbrush I can certainly recommend Digital Tutors and Lee Magalhaes in particualar; he reminds me of Dan's style in some ways, nice and easy to listen and quite clearly knows his subject inside out. Quality of the tutorials are 3D garage levels too.

GandB
12-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Always appreciated Dan's style of teaching. Very effective, and fairly priced.