PDA

View Full Version : Nissan 350Z WIP

robpauza
03-04-2003, 11:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here's my first attempt at modeling a car. It's also my very first time using splines. I was inspired by Lewis and his great work and wonderful car tutorial.

My free time is somewhat limited, so updates will probably come slow. I'd love to hear your thoughts so far though.

-Rob

robpauza
03-04-2003, 11:33 PM
I probably should have clarified that those top two images are photos. I'm just in the spline stage right now.

-Rob

oxyg3n
03-05-2003, 12:22 AM
Hello Rob,

I am glad that you clarified that, I was beginning to think that your first car model was super!! I too want to make a car, maybee after i Finishe my current character!!

Keep us up to date,

Lewis
03-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Looking fine now Rob. You made very good job on making those splines. You will need few more smaller splines in some areas to be able to patch car correctly but it won't be problem since you will notice very easy where to add them when you start patching :). I hope you welded points of splines and you won't get spline patching errorr message ;)?

keep us updated

robpauza
03-05-2003, 04:25 PM
Thanks oxyg3n. Car modeling is pretty fun. -so far at least. I hope you give it a try. (Be sure and post it if you do)

Originally posted by Lewis
Looking fine now Rob. You made very good job on making those splines....

Lewis:
Thank you. I had a good teacher. ;)

Splines aren't nearly as hard to do as I thought they would be. :) Yes, the points are welded, but I was having lots of spline patching error messages until I read further on your tutorial and learned how to "Kill" several connected splines and then "CTRL P" the points to create a single one. No more "Curves do not Cross Correctly" messages. :) :) :) It all seems to make sense to me now how to select 4 splines to make up a patch. Thanks for being so detailed in the tut. Hopefully, the patching will go well. It appears to be a somewhat slow process though. I'll post my progress.

Thanks again,
-Rob

J.Barr
03-05-2003, 05:35 PM
Just thought i'd drop in to say, I went to the Melbourne International Motor Show on the weekend and saw the Nismo 350Z version ( http://www.autoweb.com.au/id_MTR/doc_mtr0302263/cms/news/newsarticle.html ). That machine looks awesome! you should think about modeling that body style!! (wishes he had the money to buy one)

JB

J.Barr
03-05-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by J.Barr
Just thought i'd drop in to say, I went to the Melbourne International Motor Show on the weekend and saw the Nismo 350Z version ( http://www.autoweb.com.au/id_MTR/doc_mtr0302263/cms/news/newsarticle.html ). That machine looks awesome! you should think about modeling that body style!! (wishes he had the money to buy one)

*note* I just read that article, the bodykit for the real NISMO 350Z was co-designed by NISMO and the makers of Gran Turismo !!!

JB

robpauza
03-05-2003, 10:58 PM
J. Barr:

Cool. I'll see if I can find some good ref pics of the Nismo version. I'm not a huge gamer, but Gran Turismo 3 for PS2 is one of my all-time favorites. Thanks for the info.

-Rob