PDA

View Full Version : License Key issue 11.6.2

simonlion
02-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Hello Everyone.

I just got the 11.6.2 Update, and I Drag and Drop the License key Into the Lightwave. I get this message, that The License Key was Installed Ok. BUt, Every time I start the Lightwave It Is Still On the Discovery Mode.
Thanks.

Snosrap
02-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Hello Everyone.

I just got the 11.6.2 Update, and I Drag and Drop the License key Into the Lightwave. I get this message, that The License Key was Installed Ok. BUt, Every time I start the Lightwave It Is Still On the Discovery Mode.
Thanks.

Just go to the license folder for 11.6.1 or any version of 11 and copy and paste it into the license folder for 11.6.2. You'll be go to go.

simonlion
02-19-2014, 01:51 AM
I don't see an Actual License IN other Lightwave.
Would you please let me know the Folder name
Thanks

Snosrap
02-19-2014, 08:48 AM
I don't see an Actual License IN other Lightwave.
Would you please let me know the Folder name
Thanks In XP go here: C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\.NewTek\LightWave\11.0\licen ses
When I get to my Win7 box I can shoot that off to you as well.

simonlion
03-22-2014, 05:05 PM
I have window 8.1 and I can not get this License key work. also, I don't see any folder that is available for copy paste. I have Draged and Droped the :License key into both Layout and Modeler. I do get the message that the License key was successfully applied. But it Lightwave is still on Discovery mode.
I also tried contacting Newtek, and It seems like they don't have any phone customer tech support.
Any help please
Thanks.

50one
04-12-2014, 05:03 AM
I have window 8.1 and I can not get this License key work. also, I don't see any folder that is available for copy paste. I have Draged and Droped the :License key into both Layout and Modeler. I do get the message that the License key was successfully applied. But it Lightwave is still on Discovery mode.
I also tried contacting Newtek, and It seems like they don't have any phone customer tech support.
Any help please
Thanks.

Hmmm, shame the forum search doesn't work....same issue here on win7, updated my Bios drivers this morning and even tho the file is in folder it just doesn't work, dragging again, deleting everything doesn't work, I'm on win7, have your issue been resolved?

Edit: Re-installing clearing config does nothing, fking amazing, wil have to use cracked version probably as I've got a project to finish.

S

madno
04-12-2014, 10:45 AM
I don't know if it helps,
but there is this thread about the license.
Maybe some help in there.
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?140135-License-key-stopped-working&

By the way, I would say there are three running gags about LW in the forums:
- rounder does strane things
- license key not working
- OBJ export / import does strange things

50one
04-12-2014, 10:58 AM
I don't know if it helps,
but there is this thread about the license.
Maybe some help in there.
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?140135-License-key-stopped-working&

By the way, I would say there are three running gags about LW in the forums:
- rounder does strane things
- license key not working
- OBJ export / import does strange things

Hi, thx, i have also created a separate thread in support section, but managed to resolve the issue.
It was windows firewall that stopped working, it needs to work in order for LW to see the license .lwk file.

Simon

Greenlaw
04-12-2014, 11:35 AM
I had this problem recently but it was just dumb user error--I forgot that I had LightWave with the same license running on another computer on the network and the licensing system was preventing me from running a second copy on my laptop. I only figured this out after an hour of messing around with configs and re-installs. D'oh!

It would have been nice if the system could have told me why it wouldn't run LightWave on the laptop. 3D-Coat does this and Adobe CC will even give you the option to close the other active license remotely.

Anyway, I don't know if that's what's happening in your case but it's something to check.

G.