PDA

View Full Version : Fprime "bug"? hypervoxel temperamental rendering

xandercom
02-15-2014, 09:12 AM
Hi all,

Running into an issue with Fprime which others may know a way around.
Fprime v3.5, Lightwave 11.5, 3.3ghz hex core AMD, 32gb ram, 64bit, win7, GTX 580 lightning extreme

The issue is with hypervoxel rendering. I realise that fprime is better suited to older versions of lightwave.
If I open the fprime live preview window I can see my hypervoxels, however as soon as I move to the next, previous, or any other frame the voxels disapear from fprime's preview window, although they are still there and can be seen in lightwave's preview windows without issue.

I've also noticed that I can render out a specific frame in fprime by dragging to that frame, saving the scene, closing and re-opening, and as if by magic fprime will be working with voxels on that frame again, although if I try to move to another frame I'm back to square one.

There was a point in my workflow in which fprime suddenly "corrected" itself and allowed me to drag and render any frame or sequence of frames I wanted to, then the following day it started acting up again.

I don't know why it's having issues. Hitting fpriume's refresh button doesnt make any difference, or closing/opening render windows. My hypervoxels have motion, pre-saved .pfx motion.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appriciated. I've spent the last 48 hours trying to search online for any similar issues, but as you might expect I'm getting a lot of returned results for older versions of fprime which didn't support hypervoxels at all.

Thanks folks :)

ernpchan
02-15-2014, 09:35 AM
You could try emailing Worley. I've found he's pretty good at responding.

No guarantee there's a fix as I don't believe he's still developing for LightWave. (I hope I'm wrong about that though)

jwiede
02-15-2014, 11:50 AM
You could also try with 11.6.2 and see if that fixes the issue. There was an HV SDK fix in particular that might help fPrime function better.

Otherwise, yeah, best to contact Worley. Consider yourself lucky, us Mac UB folks haven't had working Worley plugs since 9.6.x/v10.

Snosrap
02-20-2014, 10:42 AM
sounds silly, but make sure auto key is on.