PDA

View Full Version : License key stopped working

creacon
02-13-2014, 02:38 PM
All of a sudden LW11.6.1 stopped recognizing my Lightwave license key.
I re-downloaded it from my account, reinstalled but nothing helps.

At the end of last year I downloaded a trial of chronosculpt and noticed the trial license was added to the license file.

I deleted it and reinstalled the license key from the website and it is still not working.

Any ideas?

creacon

creacon
02-13-2014, 02:45 PM
Solved, reinstalled LW and now it's working again, very strange.

Greenlaw
04-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Ugh! I'm having the same problem today but it's affecting all of my recent releases of LightWave that use the dongle-free license except for 11.5 and earlier. I tried disabling my firewall and virus program to see if that was blocking it but it's not. Then I tried removing all versions above 11.5 and reinstalling and re-keying--still no luck. Very frustrating...all versions were working fine just a couple of days ago.

Anybody have any ideas I can try? Thanks in advance.

G.

Greenlaw
04-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Okay, as mysteriously as they stopped, all the 'broken' licenses have suddenly started working again. Weird.

Has anybody seen this before?

G.

Greenlaw
04-05-2014, 10:11 PM
LightWave stopped working on my laptop again...and that's when I realized I had forgotten to close LightWave on my workstation earlier this morning...d'oh! This was making me nuts today and it was just stupid user error. Well, at least I know LW3DG's dongle-free license system is working fine.

If this happens to you, be sure to check your other computer for an open copy of LightWave.

Nevermind, nothing to see here. :p

G.

madno
04-08-2014, 01:34 AM
My two cents (not a solution but maybe a help for where to search for the problem):

121268 121269

Greenlaw
04-08-2014, 04:44 AM
Thanks. Firewall problem did cross my mind but, as mentioned, I had simply forgotten I had this license open on another computer on our network. User error. :)

That said, it would be cool if LightWave could let you know why it wasn't allowing you to open a license. 3D-Coat, for example, asks you to close the other open license before allowing you to continue. Adobe CC even allows you to kill the other open license(s) remotely.

G.