PDA

View Full Version : confused....

kiwisheep
11-18-2003, 06:07 PM
why is LW so hard to deform in the plane outside the vertices?
when you animate the bones it does not connect like it should in the face of the plane? Also modeller and layout are infused. why?
Skinning diffusion is not working during lattice mode even if xtools are in-placed and the bone rotation slider don't emit particles? Image rendering requires differentiated HDMI allocations. How is it done?

Can anybody understand? Please help!

KillMe
11-18-2003, 06:32 PM
well i wasn't but now i am. i didn't get anything from that post sorry but i'm confused as to what your having trouble with

now it is late here so perhaps it me =)

Doug Nicola
11-18-2003, 08:46 PM
Here's a few tips to get you started:

1. Deformations should never be done outside anywhere. Deformations should always be done in the privacy of your own home.

2. You should never animate bones on the face of the plane. It is much easier and more controllable to animate on the face of a very tall building.

3. Modeler and Layout are NOT, as most people think, infused. They are CONfused. There is a difference, although subtle, but your question is leading in the right direction.

4. "Skinning diffusion is not working during lattice mode" This has been a long standing issue in Lightwave, and there is no hope of a fix, so just deal with it.

5. The bone rotation slider will emit particles in LW 8. Everything will emit particles in LW 8. All the time.

6. Rendering will be improved in 8.5, but right now only CERN is capable of differentiated HDMI allocations, and it takes at least a year to set up.

SplineGod
11-18-2003, 10:45 PM
I have no idea what youre talking about but it sounds cool :)

geoff3dnz
11-18-2003, 10:54 PM
LOL! That's one of the funniest posts I've read in ages! :D

SamuraiSlayer
11-18-2003, 11:05 PM
Doug Nicola: you actually know what he's talking about? OMG!!

SplineGod
11-18-2003, 11:51 PM
Doug scares me too now :)

kevman3d
11-19-2003, 03:06 AM
What really scares me is that a Kiwi sheep is intelligent enough to use LightWave... and the internet!

I KNEW that putting 60 million of them together in one small confined space like New Zealand would eventually lead to an intelligent group-conciousness! Baaaaaaaaa! :p

art
11-19-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Doug Nicola
3. Modeler and Layout are NOT, as most people think, infused. They are CONfused....

Well, I would argue that they are diffused, but maybe I'm wrong :p

BeeVee
11-19-2003, 07:21 AM
I think that that is really a question of semantics and maybe even semiotics - certainly not suitable for technical support... :)

B

js33
11-19-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by kiwisheep
why is LW so hard to deform in the plane outside the vertices?
when you animate the bones it does not connect like it should in the face of the plane? Also modeller and layout are infused. why?
Skinning diffusion is not working during lattice mode even if xtools are in-placed and the bone rotation slider don't emit particles? Image rendering requires differentiated HDMI allocations. How is it done?

Can anybody understand? Please help!

Man this is funny. :D

I would like to see Chuck answer this one. :D

Hey Kiwisheep, Are you talking about Lightwave or ... ur, something else?

Cheers,
JS

Xacto
11-19-2003, 09:21 AM
:rolleyes:

Well that is easy... make sure you have your INSD connected before you infuse the LiGS ending. This will correct everything.

:p

BeeVee
11-19-2003, 09:25 AM
YOU CAN'T DO THAT! Please, I implore you, DO NOT connect the INSD willy-nilly, at least not without casting the zarnelferris incantation first lest you destroy the world as we know it!

Unless it's a Tuesday.

B

kiwisheep
11-19-2003, 11:06 AM
Doug, you are right deformations are hard to achieve outside vertices. I tried it on the reverse side but it won't either. Deplaining the vertices sometimes work but its unstable. When do you fix think it will be fixed? Hmmm... 8.5, 9.0? This is a really an important feature that needs to be fixed - it's hard enough to animate planes without vertices, let alone, aligning it with intersectional grids that are not straight. I should have checked the manual for that but it only says intersectional grids are only active when the global viewport is off.

Doug, skinning diffusion in lattice mode is the best feature implemented in LW but the vertices have to crystallize first. I spoke to NT support - they say its a hidden feature but is not supported. I was surprised there are more hidden features in LW than the MAYA/3DSMax/SOFTIMAGE/HOUDINI feature set combined. Gap intersectional vertices during skinning is hard to time. Timing is really the essence of this feature. How come NT have to do that! But I like it - this separates the wannabes from the real wannabes. What you have to do is you have to press the left and right buttons at the right time when a blue directional omni light goes off at the right corner of the viewport. Well, sometimes, it's on the bottom left corner too. Why can't NT put it on just one corner of the viewport. Timing is really important to grab hold of this feature.

Doug, bone slider do emit particles even if not called for. You are right - particles seem to be the biggest strenght of LW - it emits all the time even when you close/exit LW app. Now that's powerful! It's so powerful, that even 3dsmax was trying to open LW to generate a four bifocal particle generation at the z-depth level during scholastic simulation.

Are you sure CERN is only capable of differentiated HDMI allocations? I bought a new video card that support HDMI allocations. It now works! I remember checking the check box that says "Activate Photon Semaphore Nodes" and it rendered 50 omni-light setup in just a second. I loved LW.

XActo, what are you talking about. What is INSD? Are you sure you are in the right forum? There are no INSD nor LiGS ending in LW.

Beeve, I was surprised you know what XActo was talking about. Is he referring to yet another hidden feature in LW.

Thanks for all replies. That surely enlighten me!

animotion
11-19-2003, 11:16 AM
I know exactly what he is talking about!
Oh......wait a minute..............uh..........um.........I must be getting old, I just forgot the answers. Nevermind.:D

Lightwolf
11-19-2003, 11:25 AM
LOL :p he he he he *bump* *fallsofchair*

Hehe, I'm not a real wannabee, I'm a real wouldvebeen, yeah!

XActo is probably baby testing LW CS, so he knows more about INSD then u do.

Cheers,
Mike - still grinning.

Matt
11-19-2003, 12:20 PM
looks like everyone has been taking the 'comedian pills' again! ;)

siproductions
11-19-2003, 12:27 PM
:D :D :D O my gosh I laughed my head off reading the posts.:D

That's just too funny.

P.S Who makes your video card.:D

animotion
11-19-2003, 04:22 PM
Probably those dope dogs at N-Spidia!

OOHH I just remembered the answer,.........................uh...............u h..............shoot!!! I hate when that happends!, now where is that darn geritol.:rolleyes:

BeeVee
11-20-2003, 01:53 AM
Mea culpa, you're right KiwiSheep. When X-Acto was talking about INSD, I though he was talking in a more general sense than just LightWave. Everyone knows you don't want to go near INSD with a 10' barge pole when you're dealings with LiGS endings...

For LightWave - I can assure you that I shan't reveal any more secret features like the hypermodal scintillator or the tetragon defibrillator any more...

B

riki
11-20-2003, 07:25 PM
ha this looks funny :D http://www.thecream.com.au/haka.htm