PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Jones's eye featured in Red Shark.

JCG
02-11-2014, 02:02 PM
I get the Red Shark newsletter and today's featured article (http://www.redsharknews.com/post/item/1458-this-is-how-you-animate-an-eyeball) was Mr. Jones's impossibly good eyeball animation. :thumbsup:

MarcusM
02-12-2014, 10:01 AM
I just saw this animation in polish TV news :]

realgray
02-12-2014, 04:53 PM
I have been watching it through a streaming device (roku) on a big screen TV. Simply amazing. It's gone viral with nearly a million hits now. Great marketing for LW and its renderer. The little hairs over the eyes and the oil/wetness of the skin is incredible. I hope Mr. Jones is gracious enough to someday do a simple writeup for this piece.

realgray
02-12-2014, 04:59 PM
lol, it would be cool marketing for LW12 if Chris would be cool with it. "Watch out, LW12 is coming" :)

prometheus
02-12-2014, 11:33 PM
Cool...chris deserves recognition for it, it is however clearly the talent of chris and how he perceives and study human motion then being able to translate that to 3d motion, and further on the same with textures and lighting more than software
really, but perhaps lightwave played the part of a comfortable tool to use somehow.

It is awesome...the article should credit him for the music too:)
the only thing that might scare people ...that would be the rendertimes, I think I need to check the thread more carefully, I didnīt know it took so long to render as they say, if they got that right?, on the other hand chris might have a slow computer not up to date so to speak. Anyway..put him on the front page and include it in some youtube videos with other stuff at some event, and perhaps sponsor him with a faster better computer so he can do more great work with Lightwave to showcase.

Michael

samscudder
02-13-2014, 05:48 AM
It was published online here in Brazil, and has gone viral on facebook... Now just reaching 1.1M hits on youtube.

http://obutecodanet.ig.com.br/index.php/2014/02/11/uma-imagem-incrivel-totalmente-feita-no-computador/

I asked Chris, and he said it took about a month non-stop, but from what I understood, that was on a single cpu, and he didn't mention the specs for that CPU, just that it was faster than his 5-year-old computer.

It would be great PR for Newtek to get him a new computer and a perpetual license for LW.