PDA

View Full Version : Compositing Buffer rendering out blank files via Butterfly Net Render (LWSN problem?)

ninok5
02-10-2014, 11:22 PM
Man, i'm just hitting roadblocks left and right.

Set up a scene to render which has an image processing 'compositing buffer' export set up to export a few shaded passes. The problem is they are all being saved blank. Going to the right folder n all but just blank. Going to email ButterflyNetRender support but wanted to see if its a known LWSN issue at all first. Happens with both PNG and JPG as the output filetype. Any ideas?

ninok5
02-11-2014, 02:19 PM
No progress with this. What are my alternatives to using compositing buffer to get a shadow pass?

H_Molla
02-19-2014, 05:47 AM
Had same issue suddenly with deadline !!
Did you find out what's wrong ??

vector
02-19-2014, 10:05 PM
Are you sure the objects are checked at Compositing buffer export?

Are the objects saved in an object folder? i have to be "respectful" with the classic LW folder order to get no problems with BNR. I rendered sometimes objects without texture images by error when starting with BNR because they were not located at images folder.

Riff_Masteroff
02-20-2014, 12:44 AM
Here, tonight, I have been using exrtrader setup for shadow pass only. Results in a 32bit float exr with 'Shadow.Y' in each of RGBA channels when brought into Fusion. Looks good and renders separately but fast.

But, importantly, Global Illumination should be turned off for this pass. In Fusion, I add a shadow tool (found in the effects section) to the exr. That colors the shadows to black or whatever and allows great additional control of the look & feel.

You didn't say what your compositing workflow is. I did tell you mine.

Fabian-Esh
03-03-2014, 05:41 AM
Hi Guys,

Anybody found a solution for this?

I'm using 11.6.1 with butterfly 4.58 and I'm having the same errors when I use the compositing buffer. I used 11.5 before and didnt had this problem with it. Rendering from layout locally doesnt give this error.

But I found out that the PSD Export as image filter still works, so you can use that one for the buffers and butterflynetrender.

Grtz,

Fabian