PDA

View Full Version : Instanced objects (particles) crossing a plane. Can I fix it?

vector
02-09-2014, 04:58 AM
Hi

When attaching objects to the particles using instancing, the instanced mesh don't collide but the spherical particles. This is a problem simulating the fall of these objects on a ground because they cross it. Is possible to do that and I'm missing anything?

prometheus
02-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Hi

When attaching objects to the particles using instancing, the instanced mesh don't collide but the spherical particles. This is a problem simulating the fall of these objects on a ground because they cross it. Is possible to do that and I'm missing anything?

wrong workflow approach I think, instances donīt work as true bullet dynamics when instanced.
And using particles with dynamic collisons is a no no in terms of having them collide with bullet hardbodys.

Michael

vector
02-09-2014, 10:47 PM
I'm afraid there is not an alternative workflow since are parts created by a hit of an object (axe blow). Unless forces can help me using bullet in some way and playing with dissolve and groups of splinters... maybe

prometheus
02-10-2014, 05:59 AM
I'm afraid there is not an alternative workflow since are parts created by a hit of an object (axe blow). Unless forces can help me using bullet in some way and playing with dissolve and groups of splinters... maybe

why donīt you just use only bullet? are the objects so complex and dense and so many of them? if you try to mix particle collisions you will not get true dynamics from bullet.