PDA

View Full Version : tile floor....

webshot
11-18-2003, 04:06 PM
Man I am having troubles getting into LW (from max). I am trying to make a tile floor. Any suggestions? Or tuts you guys know of?

evenflcw
11-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Well it could be done by textures alone (mainly using bumpmaps) or in geometry. For a simple tiled area with equally sizes tiles I would start by creating a single tile, then created an array with it to populate the whole floor.

Try this:
Using the box tool drag out a single flat polygon. Highlight it, and hit 'b' for bevel. Give it some inset then hit RMB to confirm. This is the area were the sealant goes. Next, for the tile itself, do another bevel, but this time shift it and maybe give it som inset for smoother edges. Next use bandsaw to place some cuts along the edges so the tile will maintain it's square shape when we subpatch/subdivide it. Last, go to Multiply tab and select Array and just punch in how many tiles you want in each direction. Hit 'tab' (Toggle Subpatch mode) for a smooth finish.

webshot
11-18-2003, 09:48 PM
wow thanks man I will try that.....Things are just so different in LW. And for some reason this gigantic book just does not answer most of my qustions.