PDA

View Full Version : Distort Object via bones of it's parent?

objuan
02-06-2014, 06:50 AM
Hello,

I essentially have a Tree like object, and a variety of child objects like Leaves. I want the Leaves to be separate objects so I can animate them.

I added a bunch of skelegons to the Tree in Modeler, and converted them to bones in Layout. Now I want to animate the bones of the Tree, and have my animated Leaves move with the Tree.

How do I tell the Leaves to listen to the Trees Bones?

RebelHill
02-06-2014, 07:40 AM
select any object... switch to bones selection mode... open properties... use bones from.

objuan
02-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Thanks Jersey, nice to have something helpful come out of your town, instead of just shame and embarrassment. :cry:

So I stumbled on your solution late last night (though the tip I found said you had to have weight maps on all your objects) and that does seem to work. Not exactly how I was hoping though. This method works if all of the Leaves are positioned in Modeler.

I would like to have 3 or 4 Leaves centered in Modler, duplicate them a bunch in Layout, pos/rot/scl and animate them at various positions in Layout, and then have them be distorted by the Tree's bones. Is there a way to do that?

ernpchan
02-07-2014, 06:20 PM
Are you talking about parenting the leaves to bones in your tree?

spherical
02-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Thanks Jersey, nice to have something helpful come out of your town, instead of just shame and embarrassment.

Is this necessary?