PDA

View Full Version : Passive FPR 3D stereo

kolby
02-03-2014, 02:11 AM
Would be possible that lightwave supports passive FPR 3D monitors ? I think that it is best technology at this time to work with 3D. No flickering, no heavy glasses, no darkening, no color degradation. And FPR monitors are cheap.

kmacphail
02-03-2014, 09:11 PM
If LightWave 11.6 supports Nvidia 3DTV Vision then shouldn't it also work on FPR monitors with Nvidia 3DTV Play? Keep in mind I'm just speculating, I don't have the hardware to check it out.

Cheers,

-K

kolby
02-04-2014, 05:20 AM
I think that 3DVision is different technology. If I understand FPR system correctly, there is no need any additional hardware. Only thing that is needed is to send the data in correct format (left eye in odd lines, right eye in even lines) to graphics card. So it could be done by some coding inside Lightwave, plugin etc. But, maybe it is not as easy as it looks.

kmacphail
02-04-2014, 08:31 AM
If I understand FPR system correctly, there is no need any additional hardware.

You're correct. If I'm reading the literature right 3DTV Play is an Nvidia software only package that provides the appropriate hdmi frame packing format useable by your 3D compatible tv set regardless of whether it uses active shutter or passive fpr technologies.

At my last job we used RV to feed left/right stereo frames to an FPR monitor and the results were very good, but we would have preferred the frame packing format for the increased resolution. I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who has the hardware to try the 3DTV Play package out.

-K

kolby
02-04-2014, 09:07 AM
3DTV Play is compatible with FPR monitors ? I never found anything about it.