PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Tool Location

euclid
11-18-2003, 02:01 PM
We need help. Some of my students are trying to use the bandsaw tool but it is not located under our construct>subdivide menu. We've read through everything we can find and it sounds like a common tool that should just be there. Any suggestions of what we are doing wrong or where to find it?
thanks

hrgiger
11-18-2003, 03:03 PM
You teach with Lightwave and don't know where to find bandsaw at?

:confused:

First of all, it should be loaded by default but even if it isn't you can add it to the interface by using your interface menu.

euclid
11-18-2003, 03:08 PM
Thank you for your help. I'm a middle school technology teacher and I just bought Lightwave to teach my students. A few of my students have started working on our very first projects so that we can figure out how everything works.

hrgiger
11-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Oh, ok. Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude. I just assumed if you taught lightwave, you would know this. Your manual will show you the ins and outs of the interface and how to add plug-ins to it. If bandsaw isn't on the interface already, it may be in the additional drop down menu also on the construct tab.

riki
11-18-2003, 04:55 PM
Chances are if Bandsaw isn't loaded, then there could be other Plugs and Lscripts not loaded, like bandGlue etc.

I would recommend rescanning your Plugin Directory, LScript Directory and Legacy Plugin Dir.

Check also the sectin in the manual about configuring Menu Layout and drag any useful tools out of the Contruct>Additional Section.

cresshead
11-18-2003, 05:21 PM
band glue??...nope don't have that...it that in lw 7.5c?

steve g

hrgiger
11-18-2003, 05:42 PM
Bandglue, I don't remember where I got it or if I already had it. It's a great plug-in though. It's great for reducing geometry especially after a lathing operation or something to that effect.

riki
11-18-2003, 05:43 PM
I think it's a seperate tool, Bundled with of the Bandsaw Plugin along with Bandsaw Pro.

riki
11-18-2003, 05:46 PM
Here it is

cresshead
11-18-2003, 06:48 PM
i wonder how many plugin do not get installed with a typical install of lightwave ?

i had bandsaw already but went ahead and added bandsaw in the plugins again and band glue and bandsaw pro anre now in there.....

i'd like a list of what "doesn't" get installed i lightwave in modeler and layout...such as parenter in layout didn't install for instance...

is this usual???

or am i doing something wrong when i install lightwave?

steve g

riki
11-18-2003, 07:15 PM
I pretty anal when I do a re-install, I make sure nothing is missing including shaders and 3rd party plugs. Plus I don't use the Additional Menu, everything I want is mapped and custom configs backed up.

cresshead
11-18-2003, 08:07 PM
so am i right in thinking that a typical install of lightwave misses out on quite a few plugins being installed then?

i may just go n add all the plugins to see what else shows up!

steve g