PDA

View Full Version : new reel

kenneth
11-18-2003, 01:21 PM
Hey folks. Just wanted to share my new reel with you. All of the 3D was done in LW. Everything else was done in After Effects.

I coded the transitions with help from Useful Things, a Python interface for AE.

http://www.kennethwoodruff.com/digitalart/movs/kennethwoodruff_reel_11_03.mov

hrgiger
11-18-2003, 03:11 PM
Kenneth, that's a great looking demo reel. And the transitions are super nice. I especially like the satellite transition.

Scott Gammans
11-20-2003, 09:34 AM
Well I might just as well pack up my things and go home now. Nothing I will ever create will even approach the creativity and skill I saw in that demo reel.

Uh, nice job. :)

mattbolton
11-20-2003, 10:24 AM
Wow, very professional looking video. It had a nice pleasing flow from one scene to the next. Although I did come away unsure of what the focus was. Was it for printed illustration, animation, video compositing, or something else?

kenneth
11-24-2003, 12:24 AM
Thanks everyone. =)

Matt, the focus is sort of on the fact that I do all of that stuff, hence the last bit of text "Yes. I can do that." I'm a freelancer and do pretty much whatever people need me to do, so I wanted to impart that. I hope it doesn't come across as... scattered?

Scott, if you saw the stuff that I was making when I first started you would have a different take on it. =) I've spent lots and lots (and lots) of time sitting right here working. Thanks very much for your kind words.

cmanshack01
12-14-2003, 06:47 PM
That was neat, I would have liked to see some things like character animation and soft body dynamics or water. I really liked it however. Do you have any tutorials?