PDA

View Full Version : License Key error!

jaxtone
02-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Hi!

I have used the Splash window earlier without problems but now I have experienced some heavy problems!

When I try to register my copy of Lightwave the Splash window announce that the LICENSE.LWK file I drag into it is ok and then ask me to shut down my application and restart Lightwave to end Discovery mode!

Then the Splash window do exactly the same thing again, and again, and again in an endless loop whatever I do.

I tried an optional solution by chosing "Help" in the menu and then chose "Enter License". I am then informed that I shall MAKE LICENSE by copy and paste the information from my registration mail there! Donīt have the old registration e-mail since it is stucked in an old trashed and dumped computer.

I wonder four things!

1. Why does the Splash act like a retard?

2. Am I supposed to remove every old LICENSE.LWK file in the license folder before I start Lightwave?

3. Where I can get the information in the registration e-mail again?

4. Is there any file I can share with a more skilled user than me so this persoan can see whats wrong with my License or Splash drag and drop routines?

JamesCurtis
02-01-2014, 10:45 PM
You should be able to get your license code on the Newtek Lightwave 3D Registration page. Just use your login and password and you should be able to get any licenses and even Installation files for any version of LW you have registered.

BTW, most of us just copy and paste the LICENSE.LWK file into the proper folder manually. Each version of LW has it's own place to put the file.

jaxtone
02-02-2014, 02:30 AM
JamesCurtis!

Thankīs for your advice but I am already aware of all these steps in the registration process. The problem was that my Splash window didnīt accept none of the License codes I picked up at Newtekīs Lightwave 3D Registration page either if I dragged it in there or copied it into the proper folder.

Jack