PDA

View Full Version : Loading 11.6 objects into older versions

Nicolas Jordan
02-01-2014, 08:04 AM
I always get dozens of dialog requester boxes that come up asking to load nodal plugins when I load a object that was saved in 11.6 into older versions. Is there a way I can avoid this? Is there some kind of script out there or something?

JoePoe
02-01-2014, 09:43 AM
If you are referring to Input Node.....

https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/entry/input-node/

Nicolas Jordan
02-01-2014, 10:37 AM
If you are referring to Input Node.....

https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/entry/input-node/

Yes, awesome! That's exactly what I need I just didn't know where to find it. Thanks!

daforum
04-04-2015, 01:48 AM
Where would I install this?

Greenlaw
04-04-2015, 02:06 AM
You install it like any other plugin, but you should only use it in older versions of Lightwave (pre-11.6).

From what I recall, it's a 'dummy' plugin, that is, it tricks an older version of Lightwave into thinking it has the input node so that scenes created in Lightwave 11.6 and later can open without reporting an error.

G.

daforum
04-04-2015, 03:13 AM
Cool, thank you Greenlaw.
What I meant was which Plugin folder can I install it in: Utilities, Master etc?
( and will it just appear when opening a Node Surface or Node Displacement; and even though it's a dummy Node do any of the outputs work? )

Greenlaw
04-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Oh, I see what mean. It really doesn't matter where you copy the plugin because Lightwave will record the path from where you loaded it in its config file. You might put it in a third party folder since technically it's not a native 11.5.x-and-earlier plugin--it's really a Lightwave 11.6 plug-in created for backwards compatibility with earlier versions of Lightwave. But if you really want to put it into a native 11.5.x-and-earlier folder, I guess Utility is as good as any. In my case, I use a folder in plugins that I named 'additional' just for plugins that fall into this gray area.

As for functionally, the 11.5.x 'Input Node' is only meant to remove that error when opening 11.6-and-later scenes in 11.5.x-and-earlier. It does not add any real functionality to 11.5.x-and-earlier, thus it's called a 'dummy' node. To use the real Input node, you need to be in 11.6 and later.

G.

daforum
04-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Thank you Greenlaw, that's brilliant info :thumbsup:

I hope others curious about this plugin will use this thread to understand how to use it.