PDA

View Full Version : Can't import more than one Models/Royalty Free Object

Nabsta
02-01-2014, 12:30 AM
I purchased a few royalty free models; however, Lightwave Layout will only let me import one model and then the remaining models import as nothing. I believe that Vue 5 Infinite was doing the same thing. The models were saved in Modeler fine; and they will open fine in their own Layout file; however, when it comes to bringing the two characters or objects together, they simply do not import. I've tried doing this on different versions of Windows and different computers; however, it was the same result every time. Does anyone have any idea why Lightwave is doing this or what a good fix would be? Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks!

xchrisx
02-01-2014, 12:49 AM
Did you check your scene editor and make sure that they arent getting loaded in the scene? If they aren't at the same scale or near each other you might have to look around in the perspective viewport to see if they are just not "in camera". Other than that I dont have any idea why it wouldnt load in Layout if it loads fine in modeler. Can you post any screenshots of what the scene editor and viewport look like when you load in more than one object?

Nabsta
02-01-2014, 07:55 AM

Thanks for your response.

I import the first object and often the second object inserts as a blank null cross-hair. The scene editor says it is present; however, it doesn't render or show the actual object. Another object of a guy I created is just projecting himself when I rotate around and his eyes flicker out of his sockets...I have all the old Light-Rom discs and most of those models do it. I'm having a lot of problems with Lightwave doing this sort of thing and it's been a guessing game for the past couple years of seeing what I could and could not use with other models--I'm beginning to wonder, I shouldn't just do the whole project in Blender.

dwburman
02-01-2014, 11:20 AM
As Chris suggested, it could still be that the object sizes are incredibly different or off center. When you first load an object into layout, unless you've already set keyframes for your camera, the camera moves in order to keep the object in frame. However, I believe it only does that with the first object. The blank null crosshair could just be the object's pivot point. Do they look the same size in Modeler? You could use the Layers window [F7] to put one object in the background of the other, or compare the grid size (bottom left corner of the window) or use the Measuring tool [ctrl+E].

spherical
02-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Yarp. I found the camera at a distance of 3,700+ miles more than once.