PDA

View Full Version : how could i view my lightwave model (LWO) in an Ipad?

aperezg
01-31-2014, 01:07 PM
how could i view my lightwave model (LWO) in an Ipad?

I need carry my models to a client in a small device, is not posible to carry my big machine.

I tryed TeamViewver but it is slow slow, the wifi conexion is the problem

someone have an idea....

Thanks

Danner
01-31-2014, 05:53 PM
The short answer is... it's possible, but complicated. Not on the 3d side of things, that's easy. But on the app deployement side of things. My advice is to export your object as an FBX to Unity3d (it's free) make sure the shaders are the way you like them, export the Unity package and then hire someone with Unity and iOS app creation experience and have them make you a developement build. Or spend money on becoming a developer and spend a few frustrating days learning how to do it yourself. You need a current mac BTW.

Danner
01-31-2014, 05:58 PM
Alternatively there might be a service like these that supports iPad

https://sketchfab.com/

I just remembered there are a couple of sculpting apps for iPad that export .obj format. They might import them too. Worth investigating.

As far as small devices go, the Microsoft Surface Pro (the one with the i5 processor) is a tiny bit bigger than an Ipad and runs lightwave very nicely.

medicalart
01-31-2014, 06:02 PM
You'd probably have to send the object to Layout, then make an image sequence or movie (rotating your object, zooming in, etc.). Then convert that to a Quicktime movie to display on your tablet.

JoePoe
01-31-2014, 08:28 PM
Doesn't seem to be an easy way to just open up an lwo.....so.... thinking out loud.

A) if you are using UVs..... no problem. Save as an obj and use any number of apps that support it.
B) if using procedurals etc. .... make an atlas uv and bake your textures and save as obj. And, again, use one of the many apps that support obj.

There is an app that supports Collada, but I can't remember what it is..... but it wasn't hard to find. #3 on the list or something like that.

aperezg
02-01-2014, 06:45 AM
Thanks for your reply