PDA

View Full Version : 64-bit LW11 Codec Questions

adaminator1
01-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Hey all, I have a question.

I don't have much hard drive space, and I don't want to make the exports I use before the final render to take up a gigantic size while still wishing them to look good. So, mainly, I have a couple questions that I'd love if you guys could answer--

1.) Can you please recommend a codec for use in rendering/exporting serviceable but small size previews out of lightwave for use in Adobe Premiere to edit with? Before, I used Photo JPEG .mov's which were great but are only available on 32-bit LW so that's unavailable for me now.

2.) Can you please recommend a good codec that doesn't take up a gigantic ammount of space to render movies out to when they're ready to be worked on as final renders?

I would appreciate it if the solutions offered were free as opposed to paid.

Thanks in advance,
-Adam

raw-m
01-31-2014, 01:05 AM
Png image sequence, works well with alphas too (and safer than rendering to one QuickTime file!). You can always run the seq through something like Adobe Media Cleaner and experiment with codecs (h.264 is probably the wat to go) and trash the original files.

Areyos Alektor
02-02-2014, 07:35 PM
I also think that a images sequence in "PNG" format are a good choice. If you really want a codec you can turn to the "Huffyuv" (PC only).