PDA

View Full Version : What do people use for weather templates with a TriCaster 40?

ingeborgdot
01-29-2014, 11:10 AM
I am looking for a template of some sort that I can use to help us with a weather forecast? What do people use? Thanks.

kanep
01-29-2014, 12:56 PM
Not that this is a template, but here is something I use with the full version of LiveText and Datalink. It's an RSS feed that allows me to pull current weather information into LiveText.

Open up Datalink and setup a Network profile. In the Network settings use the following info.

Address: http://www.rssweather.com/zipcode/#####/rss.php (replace ##### with the zipcode you want weather for)
Refresh: 600 seconds
Block Size: 4096
Timeout: 6000

Then in LiveText, right click in the main editor window and choose "%CITYNAME:1[description]%" for the temp and current weather conditions.

ingeborgdot
01-29-2014, 01:31 PM
Do I have datalink on the T40? I am still in the learning process of the T40 and not as competent as you so I still have a lot to learn.

JPulera
01-29-2014, 03:28 PM
DataLink is part of the stand-alone purchase of LiveText 2.5 that will run on another PC. Not possible to use RSS feeds in TriCaster, must be done externally with LT and then comes in as a NET input into TriCaster.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

kanep
01-29-2014, 04:43 PM
I should of been a bit more clear. Jeff is correct, by 'full LiveText' I'm speaking of the standalone version of LiveText for this to workflow on any TriCaster model.

JRQuigley
07-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Kane,
I know this is an old thread, and I hope you see this..

I was curious about your use of this RSS. I would like to run a bug in the lower right hand corner of the screen, which displays the time and temp as it is currently. Time is easy. But I'm stumped at getting the temp. If I recall correctly, I've tried this feed before, and there isn't a way to just get the temperature numbers from it. Or am I wrong? Everything I've found wont just give me the numbers..

Example:
Lets say it is 90 degrees outside, I want an RSS that will just show "90". But all I've found show all the details.. "90, sunny, etc.."

So you know of a way to handle this?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

kanep
07-02-2014, 03:31 PM
They don't have just the temperature by itself, so you will get the temp and conditions. For example, here is my sample title for San Antonio, TX.

Unless someone can find a RSS feed that just displays the temperature, this was the best I was able to find.

Buddy.Hannon
07-03-2014, 06:44 AM
Could you on a layer above the RSS feed, block out the info that you don't want with green blocks and then turn on the LiveMatte to make the blocks transparent?, I'll do a similar thing with powerpoints slides if I need a 3rd graphics store. It should work in this case as well.

LW3D
07-21-2014, 05:25 AM
I realize that this is an old thread, but you can use CharacterWorks' JSON input feature to obtain and display realtime weather data from OpenWeatherMap (http://www.openweathermap.org) site.

Here is a sample video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1BzVNcMEA0