PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot Cat Wins Battle To Keep Her Home

shrox
01-28-2014, 04:41 PM
http://www.inquisitr.com/1112260/home-depot-cat-wins-battle-to-keep-her-home/

Hurray kitty!

spherical
01-28-2014, 05:06 PM
Yaaaaay! As some of you may remember, we do cat rescue, so stories like this are near and dear. We know what it feels like to have our security threatened. It is even more so for animals who have little to no control over their circumstances and who have come to trust the large cats who have become their family. To have this stripped away would be an injustice. Thanks for posting this.

A comment to the unfeeling person in that article who said:

One customer, Marisa Page, told WTOC, “I can’t believe they let the cat live here for 13 years. “It is a store and you don’t really want wild animals roaming around”

Well, lady, you better get your ornery @$$ in there and do something about all of those birds. IOW, it isn't as if, as you make out, that it is a Mountain Lion. (Not that she's going to read this but... sometimes, people really hack me off.)

Riff_Masteroff
01-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Here, at home, I put out a bowl of cat food on the rear porch every night at 12 midnight. Am not sure whether the cats that come to eat are wild (feral). Probably. One cat waits for me, often, and perches on top of a pile of firewood. Won't allow me to approach, but will allow me to stand near-by while eating. Makes a face of hurt if I try to touch. And, yes, its very cold here this month. Far below freezing.

I do put enough in the bowl to satisfy more than one. Last night two cats came and ate together at the same time. Sometimes a raccoon or two comes by. I watch from inside the house and look out through the rear door glass panes.

I don't know if I am doing 'good' or not.

Off topic: I remember when I had a cat . . . . that the vet (Capitol Cat) had a similar cat, loose and friendly. He would come sit on a chair or couch in the waiting room, alongside paying 'patients'.

djlithium
01-29-2014, 10:54 AM
=^..^=