PDA

View Full Version : Previewing scene files with loading and reloading and reloading...

JMCarrigan
01-28-2014, 03:24 PM
I know I know. I really would like to start with sensible naming conventions of files and folders, but! I am always in beta mode or something and I loose all sensibilities.

But even so, it would be really nice to have a scene previewer. Or am I dreaming?

spherical
01-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Nice idea but I'm not exactly sure how it would/could be implemented to be informative. If I take what would be the obvious approach and render an image then name it the same as the scene file and place it in the scenes directory, where there would be a correlation between the two, there are many, many scenes where that image wouldn't show the differences. IOW, the uniqueness is buried deep in the settings. In other cases, this would work fine. I think I'll start doing that and see how it goes.

prometheus
01-29-2014, 02:43 AM
Makes me think of true space or carrara which had thumbs generated based on the scenes, can be usuful for some ..of course it will be less informative with saved incremental scenes or similar scenes, but it could
give you an instant overview in many other cases.

Though I think the lightwave team needs to do it the modo way first, and start with preset shelves that has objects,motion paths, extrusion paths etc..most important I think the object presets will be, drag and drop stones, road signs, trees, cars on to the instance UI, set the appearance/density percentage for each item and off you go...or simply open you interior asset folder, drag and drop your lamp or chair based on how it looks, rather than having to guess by name and what you by chance now about the item.
Drag and drop surfaces without annoying.."do you really want to change surface" that one has to go....and no need to select surface or object before you add it, simply drag it on to the surface or item.

Michael

Snosrap
01-29-2014, 12:26 PM
I use Mootools. Preview your 3D objects and scenes and then drag and drop into LW. Works great.

prometheus
01-29-2014, 01:38 PM
I use Mootools. Preview your 3D objects and scenes and then drag and drop into LW. Works great.

Is mootools free nowadays?
but we do need a presetbrowser for objects, doesn´t matter if it is available as a plugin, it should really be accessable in a a preset shelf.
Michael

Snosrap
01-29-2014, 09:40 PM
Is mootools free nowadays?
but we do need a presetbrowser for objects, doesn´t matter if it is available as a plugin, it should really be accessable in a a preset shelf.
Michael He has a free version. It's for the most part full functioning. We use the free version all day long at work with no issues. I bought a personal license for home use to show my support. And I also use it instead of PS Bridge because it's really light on system resources and handles all image file types as well as most 3D file types.

JMCarrigan
01-30-2014, 11:03 AM

I had no idea. Thanks Snosrap. I've been having to get into javascript as I teach myself website design. Holy....!

JMCarrigan
01-30-2014, 03:24 PM
I spoke too soon. I can work with my Dreamweaver and even go behind the scenes but this Mootools seem at any rate a bit much right now. I would need a front end of some sort but it sounds like it is just what I needed.

I just want to see a thumbnail of the first frame. That would give me enough info to keep looking if it wasn't what I needed.

Anyway. Thanks Snosrap.