PDA

View Full Version : Background Item

grafxstudio
01-25-2014, 06:40 PM
I have worked with lightwave for years mainly a mixture of poser items and Lightwave made items. Well now I'm trying to build Batman's cowl by splines on genesis 2 male. Now the question I have to ask is there a way to make a background item appear solid? So he won't be in a wire frame? If so I can't really think to do it.

Slartibartfast
01-26-2014, 12:42 AM
I have worked with lightwave for years mainly a mixture of poser items and Lightwave made items. Well now I'm trying to build Batman's cowl by splines on genesis 2 male. Now the question I have to ask is there a way to make a background item appear solid? So he won't be in a wire frame? If so I can't really think to do it.

Assuming you're in modeler and want more than one layer to be active. Press F7, shiftclick layers. Or shiftclick the upper part of the layers buttons in the upper right corner of the screen.

hrgiger
01-26-2014, 05:25 AM
you can make as many layers as you want solid by shift clicking them in the layer controls at the top right of the screen but keep in mind, all layers will be editable so you may end up selecting or moving things in the other layers you might not want to.

Andy Webb
01-26-2014, 06:56 AM
you can make as many layers as you want solid by shift clicking them in the layer controls at the top right of the screen but keep in mind, all layers will be editable so you may end up selecting or moving things in the other layers you might not want to.

This is why I've always felt that we should be able to lock/unlock layers from editing, without putting layers into the background.