PDA

View Full Version : deleting objects ?

jpbrooks
11-18-2003, 09:45 AM
OK---I know this may be a pretty dumb question---but I am just learning LW and can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Most CAD or drawing programs allow you to erase lines or objects.....
Can you erase or delete objects, layers or parts of objects in modeler ?

evenflcw
11-18-2003, 10:38 AM
Sure. Either just use the mouse (LMB or RMB for lasso selection) to highlight specific polygons/points OR if you have surfaces/parts/selection sets assigned already you can use the statistics panel to quickly select them, then just hit Delete key on your keyboard.

Layer's can't be deleted directly. But any layer that is left empty will be ignored and not saved to file. So if you want to delete a layer just highlight it and hit Del to delete everything in it (If nothing is selected it's the same as having everything selected). If you just want to unload a previously loaded object from Modelers memory, use "Close Object" under File.

chilledaqua
11-20-2003, 11:29 AM
also its not apparent but you can select part of the geometry of the object and then press "]" and it will select all connected gemoetry. its the most frequent button i probably use