PDA

View Full Version : Kat is having a video sale at Liberty3d.com!

djlithium
01-24-2014, 09:02 PM
Hello LightWave humans!
I'm running a sale this weekend as I continue to work on the next video in my TFD series (released another one last week).
Check it out. Very limited time only! (Until Monday at Midnight GMT) 35% off all Kat Videos (That's me) on Liberty3d.com:
Use the coupon code: KittyKoupon when checking out of our store. More videos are coming!
http://www.liberty3d.com/?p=6220

jwiede
01-25-2014, 05:50 AM
Thanks Kat, couldn't pass up the chance to buy the advanced TFD tutorials on sale! I really enjoyed the "Intro to TFD" tutorial, it's an excellent overview and reference for TFD features. I can't wait to dig into the advanced TFD projects!

Julez4001
01-25-2014, 07:20 AM
I wish he show a sample of TFD in videos?

djlithium
01-25-2014, 01:47 PM
I wish he show a sample of TFD in videos?

Hi Julez... Yeah I know.
I always mean to do a little promo video for each of my releases but never seem to get around to it.

prometheus
01-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Hi Julez... Yeah I know.
I always mean to do a little promo video for each of my releases but never seem to get around to it.

Think that would help sell it better, important factor is probably a showcase of end results" look here now..this is the smoking hot end results" :)

But I fully understand the "never seem to get around to it" I have a lot of those moments too:)

Good luck with the sales and I do hope for a continued good development of turbulenceFD from jaschas side of the fence, Havenīt bought it yet....still need some improvements until I feel it is justified from me to jump in on it.

Michael

djlithium
01-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Think that would help sell it better, important factor is probably a showcase of end results" look here now..this is the smoking hot end results" :)

But I fully understand the "never seem to get around to it" I have a lot of those moments too:)

Good luck with the sales and I do hope for a continued good development of turbulenceFD from jaschas side of the fence, Havenīt bought it yet....still need some improvements until I feel it is justified from me to jump in on it.

Michael

Funny you should mention that. Every time I do a TFD video I run into a nasty bug and send it to Jascha to get fixed. Sometimes it completely spoils my plans to show something that I had working and then can't reproduce again the same way. I have another video in the works now that is project based that got sidelined because of just that. I do hope he gets it fixed so I can finish though.
"I say we take off, and nuke the entire site from orbit...It's the only way to be sure."
Hint hint on what I had in mind....

prometheus
01-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Funny you should mention that. Every time I do a TFD video I run into a nasty bug and send it to Jascha to get fixed. Sometimes it completely spoils my plans to show something that I had working and then can't reproduce again the same way. I have another video in the works now that is project based that got sidelined because of just that. I do hope he gets it fixed so I can finish though.
"I say we take off, and nuke the entire site from orbit...It's the only way to be sure."
Hint hint on what I had in mind....

affirmative:)

yeah...Ivé seen that thereīs been some issues, and it in fact did put me off using and testing it for quite some time, but I donīt want to go down on jascha either( I donīt mean that literaly either, just my poor understanding of english:))

I understand it is a complex tool, and him also providing it for two platforms etc, and we need him to continue to work on that wonderful plugin, it can be frustrating though and I hope it will develop with less bugs or something in thefuture, but there is no guarantee for it.

the versions I tested had some crashing issues with collision objects, and I mostly use 32 bit versions due to all plugins etc, so I was recomended to switch to 64 bit since that worked ok, after that he released a version that needed newer nvidia drivers and I wasnīt keen to switch right now..but thatīs all my obnoxius fault...then he stopped the 32 bit development..so I got some more scratching of the head to do before I decide to get on with it, and lastly I lost my job..forcing me to think twice and only buy it and get real with it when I decide I really need it, so it has been a combination of all these elements that has halted my plans for getting serious with it.
just been getting back to test some bullet and focus on particles with that and some hypervoxels...after that I will install demo of turbulence and fiddle again, if time permits.

Michael

djlithium
01-25-2014, 04:39 PM
Well going 64bit in 2005 for me was relatively painless and opened up so much more by not being tied down to 32bit memory limitations. so when you can switch, do it. If you need something special in 32bit you can still get there on a 64bit platform OS, but I highly encourage you to make the move to 64bit LW and try and stay there as much as you can.
With respect to TFD, its been an interesting tool to see develop over the years. I just wish development and feature enhancement was more focused and streamlined.

prometheus
01-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Well going 64bit in 2005 for me was relatively painless and opened up so much more by not being tied down to 32bit memory limitations. so when you can switch, do it. If you need something special in 32bit you can still get there on a 64bit platform OS, but I highly encourage you to make the move to 64bit LW and try and stay there as much as you can.
With respect to TFD, its been an interesting tool to see develop over the years. I just wish development and feature enhancement was more focused and streamlined.

I got a 64 bit platform, but Havenīt just installed 64 bit, so many modeling tools that arenīt available in 64 bit, and the lack of quicktime support, canīt save out openGL previews in 64 bit etc, with turbulenceFD..I would
have liked to test how ogo taiki could perform together with turbulenceFD, but I guess that is out of the question.
I do understand though...that guys developing things will discard working on 32 bit I guess, so one will have to install or use 64bit sooner or later anyway, Im just an obnoxius retrograder, if the music doesnīt sound like what I am used too, then
it takes a while for me to adapt and overcome:)

Thanks for the advice and recomendations though to switch, and some time ago I had it that way..with 64 bit installed and tried to use that as much as I could, but at that time I didnīt see the advantages..more the obstacles I had of not being able to use many tools, and as mentionded issues with quicktime, so I felt it was more comfortable to use 32 bit, but then again ..some options now
run out for that, such as turbulenceFD with 32 bit support.

Someone needs to whip up something new for environments that rivals and exceeds ogo taiki and ozone, and compatible with fluids.
Denis pontier will probably not have the resource to add volumetrics to his sunsky plugin that matches a full blown volumetric atmospheric system, at least thatīs what I heard
after some discussions with him.

Michael