PDA

View Full Version : LiveText - Inconsistent Line Breaks

imryh
01-24-2014, 12:59 PM
See attached screenshot.

Since we updated to LiveText 2.56/2.57, we've had multiple strange occurrences of inconsistent line breaks. On the LiveText screen, it looks as though there is a soft line break (text wrap, not hard enter), but in the text that arrives at our Tricaster there is no line break (and vice versa).

Has anyone else experienced this since updating?

Thanks.

Imry

VideoEng QA
01-24-2014, 01:56 PM
Imry,

Thank you for your post. It took a while, but I have been able to reproduce the issue you described (thanks for the picture!). It appears that this can sometimes happen when inserting text into the middle of a string, and that edit is what causes the line to wrap. We see what we'd expect in LiveText's UI, but the small icon representing the page in the right column, as well as what we see on output to the TriCaster, will be incorrect.

I have opened a case for our engineers to look at and fix this for the next build of LiveText.
Thanks again for reporting this. I will respond to this thread when we have a patch available.

Jeremy Brosius

imryh
01-25-2014, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the update.
Another issue I've noticed with version 2.57 - every time I shut down LiveText after a game, it crashes. Every time.
The program closes, and then a crash message comes up. This happens on both of our LiveText computers, using Windows 8 (doesn't happen on Windows 7).

Lars Borg
01-25-2014, 05:53 PM
It craches when you exit, using "X closing" at the top right hand corner of the LT window in Win8

VideoEng QA
01-29-2014, 09:39 AM
Imryh,

On the original issue of inconsistent line breaks: we have a fix ready and that patch will be released to our website as a download soon. For anyone having this problem and for those interested in getting the patch early, please contact us HERE ([email protected]), and we can get you the beta build.

On the second issue of LiveText crashing upon exit with Windows 8: for anyone having this issue, can you tell me:
1. Are you using Windows 8 or 8.1?
2. What version of LiveText are you using?

We will look into this matter as well.

Thank you,
Jeremy Brosius

imryh
01-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Hi Jeremy.

Thanks for the update, and for resolving the line break issue.

Regarding the crash on exit issue - we are using Windows 8.1, LiveText 2.57.

Thanks.

Imry

Zane Condren
01-29-2014, 11:09 AM
Are you using Windows 8.1 Pro or home?

VideoEng QA
01-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Update:

1. On the issue of line breaks and formatting, we currently have a patch available; please get with QA HERE ([email protected]) if you'd like to get early access to it. We expect the patch to be publicly available on our downloads page in the next day or 2.

2. On the issue of crashing upon exiting LiveText running on a Windows 8.x machine, we have been able to reproduce this behavior here. It seems that it will only crash if you have a sufficient number of pages loaded during exit. Our developers are looking into this and we expect a patch will be available soon. I will make sure we update this forums thread when we have news.

Thank you,
Jeremy Brosius

imryh
01-29-2014, 02:51 PM
Windows 8.1 Home.