PDA

View Full Version : mixamo fuse-character generator, how does it compare against daz&poser

prometheus
01-24-2014, 01:58 AM
Hi folks!

Another character generator.
I didnīt know about this one....
http://www.mixamo.com/fuse

so those of you who have tested it, and can compare against daz and poser and maybe also how the export to lighwave works, please feel free to jump in here and give your feedback on it.

Michael

Andy Webb
01-24-2014, 03:25 AM
Looks remarkably like Quidam, which died a while ago.

prometheus
01-24-2014, 03:35 AM
Looks remarkably like Quidam, which died a while ago.

yes a little, but especially the look of the figure.
Mabye some of the guys went to work with that since quidam ended, I dunno.

Michael

wesleycorgi
01-24-2014, 05:15 AM
Hi folks!

Another character generator.
I didnīt know about this one....
http://www.mixamo.com/fuse

so those of you who have tested it, and can compare against daz and poser and maybe also how the export to lighwave works, please feel free to jump in here and give your feedback on it.

Michael

I tried it a little when Fuse first came out. It works kind of like those video games where you progressively select body parts, clothing, and their attributes. It comes with a decent amount of content. But of course, they want you to purchase their other content. I tried a few Mixamo motions, but did not export the final results.

Daz (especially Genesis) and Poser are much better figure generators/configurators. But I need to take another look at Fuse (now that you reminded me about this app! ).

jwiede
01-25-2014, 06:01 AM
Steam had a great deal on Fuse during the holidays, I picked it up then but haven't really had a chance to play with it yet. I don't really mind the "pay for content" model, as it seems to let them release the basic tool package at a reasonably low cost. Obviously its library doesn't even remotely compare in breadth or depth to those offered by Daz3D and Poser (yet), but its game-focused figures also don't seem to suffer from the insane poly density of modern Genesis-class Daz/Poser models. So far, the little I've worked with Mixamo, the results have been decent, which made picking up Fuse an easy choice at the time (esp. at discounted price).

safetyman
01-26-2014, 06:17 AM
Before I give them my information -- how much does it cost? Does it export to a 3d format that I can use in another program or is it just made specifically for Mixamo?

Edit: Just read that it can export to OBJ.

ethan001
01-26-2014, 10:20 PM
Just bought it on Steam, it is $99 but they have a 55% discount right now. @safetyman, you can export OBJ of the textured model or you can upload it to Mixamo and get back a fully rigged character, FBX. If you buy Mixamo All Access subscription (which I don't have yet) you get unlimited updates, rigging and animations.

This stuff used to take days back in my 3d studio days ;-) Characters quality is pretty good for game, although i wish they had more creature/fantasy characters. The paid version has over 70 clothing/accessories but they claim they will add more regularly and people will be able to update w/o extra charge.

erikals
01-27-2014, 12:12 AM
installed it, tried it, but Open Source MakeHuman is much more powerful,

so won't be long before i uninstall...

http://png-2.findicons.com/files/icons/1728/still_life/24/gnome_dev_floppy.png

prometheus
01-27-2014, 01:37 AM
installed it, tried it, but Open Source MakeHuman is much more powerful,

so won't be long before i uninstall...

http://png-2.findicons.com/files/icons/1728/still_life/24/gnome_dev_floppy.png

Thanks, I reckon I skip even trying it then, got daz studio and makehuman too, makehuman actually gives the most realistic faces at least, just need a boost in UI, and textures and posing with skeletons +fbx support.

Michael

safetyman
01-27-2014, 10:04 AM
I installed the free version, but it's severely limited in terms of character variation and accessories. If they add more stuff to the free version, I'll keep it around, otherwise I don't see myself launching it again.

CaptainMarlowe
01-29-2014, 01:58 PM
I'm still using quidam 2, most of the time, sometimes make human. Fuse didn't stay on my computer more than a few hours.