PDA

View Full Version : Seeking clarity on VSE for TC40

Podcast Bob
01-21-2014, 09:04 AM
I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that using VSE you can alter the end zoom point in a virtual studio, so the camera ended wherever you wanted in a virtual set.

However someone who has one of the newer models tells me he thinks that only applies to the new generation of Tricasters which can zoom and pan, and the TC40 is stuck with wherever the current zoom desitnation is.

Is this correct? I don't have VSE to see for myself, but I would have assumed that you could designate the zoom destination to anywhere you wanted it to go in a set, but maybe I'm wrong?

SBowie
01-21-2014, 09:50 AM
For a 40 (455, 855, etc.), VSE allows you to set Start and End (or, if you like, 'min' and 'max') positions. While live, TriCaster will zoom to any point between those two extremes. For the newer 'pro' models, VSE is similar but allows you to pre-configure 8 presets, rather than the two extremes only.

Further - all of the HD TriCasters let you zoom in and out manually while live, and also tweak the zoom percentage for presets, but along the vector between the two extremes only. TriCaster 410, 460, 860 and 8000 models go further, also allowing you to freely pan anywhere within the frame while live.

Podcast Bob
01-21-2014, 10:01 AM
Thanks Steve, that confirms my understanding.

Cheers, Bob

TTFNTV
01-22-2014, 05:09 AM
Just so there is no confusion: on the TC40 you can only zoom, not pan and zoom like on the Pro Series. So while you can set the end zoom point as Steve confirms it is only zoom.

SBowie
01-22-2014, 06:13 AM
In hopes of not confusing it further, that's not quite correct. The vector between the set Start and End points can pan. It's just that the user cannot vary from the vector between those points as he would be able to do on the more flexible systems.

Buddy.Hannon
01-27-2014, 08:05 AM
Also, just to mention, there was an issue with VSE 2.5, where the zoom settings were not being save in the sets on some machines. There has been a fix released and should be up in the downloads section. I have it installed and it works fine.

Podcast Bob
01-31-2014, 06:20 AM
Thanks peeps ;)

Good to know for sure.

TTFNTV
01-31-2014, 11:28 AM
In hopes of not confusing it further, that's not quite correct. The vector between the set Start and End points can pan. It's just that the user cannot vary from the vector between those points as he would be able to do on the more flexible systems.

Thanks - perhaps the VSE issue may have been the problem.