PDA

View Full Version : UV assignment: order of creation-- is it just me?

jeric_synergy
01-20-2014, 08:22 PM
So, I rarely use UV maps, but when I do...

Isn't it a bit INCONVENIENT to have to have already created a UV map when you are creating a standard primitive?

AFAIK, you must have the UV map already created AND selected or .... what? Nothing I suspect, or the new geometry gets applied to the wrong map.

Wouldn't it be more convenient if you could create a UV map INSIDE the Numeric Requester* of the mesh you were generating? For instance, there at the bottom of CAPSULE is "Make UVs". If I check it w/o a UV map created, it merrily creates the mesh and I assume tosses the UV data into the trash.

*oops, showing my Amiga roots....

Sensei
01-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Numeric panel is not requester.
Requesters are modal :)

(modal means that user has to answer to close it (app is blocked), then application continues working. Non-modal windows are running parallel to the main application, without blocking it)

Windows OS has requesters. It's not AmigaOS specific thing. For instance file-requester, folder-requester, color-requester etc.

ps. Do you liked Frogger, FBlit or FScreen?

jeric_synergy
01-21-2014, 04:45 PM
"Not modal" --even better.

My point here is: REMEMBER when they finally added "<load Image>" into the various Image dropdowns?* How much easier that was than being FORCED to have ALREADY loaded the image?

Same here: I don't want to HAVE TO HAVE HAD created the UV map before I create the geometry-- I want to create it right THEN, as I create the geometry.

++++
re 'requesters': Oh! I thought they called them "dialogs".

*I do, and wondered why it took so long.