PDA

View Full Version : Controls for editing particle emitter properties disabled?

Spinland
01-20-2014, 05:29 PM
Maybe it's just been a long day, but this possibly simple thing has me baffled.

Earlier today I created a scene with a particle emitter in it. Saved the scene, closed LW and went away for a while. Now I've re-opened the scene, selected the emitter object, 'p' key for properties, FX tab, and clicked the emitter line. The controls for changing the settings are all greyed out and when I click any property I'm told "control is disabled."

Can some kind soul point out what I screwed up to lock these properties and how I can unlock them for further editing?

Many thanks in advance!

Spinland
01-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Okay, I had to "clear motion" to get them back. I guess having the calculations saved caused things to get locked down. Makes sense. Thanks anyway.

jeric_synergy
01-20-2014, 05:33 PM
cross-posted...

IIRC, and I could be wrong, if the particles are being driven by a saved file, the controls are greyed out. Disable the file (again, it's been a long time) and the controls might re-activate.

On the plus side, the calculations are already stored for the old settings, in the MDD file.

Spinland
01-20-2014, 05:49 PM
Yeah, thanks. I've been rendering this stuff over LWSN so had the calculations saved off, didn't realize that would lock down the controls against changing them. D'oh! :)

jeric_synergy
01-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Yeah, IIRC it doesn't exactly leap out at you.