PDA

View Full Version : New fluid simulator for Lightwave found

iamlifo
01-20-2014, 04:34 PM
I just found this while searching on Youtube. Don't ask me anything as I am not the developer.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuv590EM3dC52M0w6gFbuZQ?feature=watch

Dodgy
01-20-2014, 06:37 PM
It's being developed by Creacon on this forum if you want to search for it.

OFF
01-20-2014, 07:34 PM
Absolutely amazing!

Sebasvideo
02-19-2014, 02:54 PM
That looks good, but I would like to see a render, and what happens in small areas of water. That's the problem with the Blender fluid simulator, some things look great, but small concentrations of water jitter, even if you set it to the honey preset and run it in a really high quality that takes several hours to simulate 20 seconds.

samartin
02-20-2014, 02:17 AM
This looks like it will work with HypverVoxels and an element of blending should give good results, no? Looks good, only watched the 1st video but will keep an eye out on this.

geo_n
02-20-2014, 02:51 AM
No it probably wont. I tried to use normal lw particles at extremely high count for simple pouring liquid and used hypervoxels and they still looked like blobby stretched spherical blobs. Hypervoxels need to be updated for lw 12.
Liquids looked better as animated mesh in lw currently either imported from blender or realflow.

Sebasvideo
02-20-2014, 03:19 AM
Liquids looked better as animated mesh in lw currently either imported from blender or realflow.

Blender up to a certain point depending on your needs. I'm trying to get something done in it and it does really poorly in areas with small pools of liquid, like drops falling on a flat surface. It doesn't even matter if it's a viscosity like oil or honey, small concentrations look jittery like that kid in South Park whose parents own the Coffee Shop. Even if you run it with a resolution so high that it will take ten hours to simulate 20 seconds, it's still jittery, and apparently this is a known problem.

I wish there was a simulator that worked better even if not free, without going to the astronomical prices of Realflow or Houdini (excluding their learning editions which you can only use to play but not for any commercial project).

creacon
02-20-2014, 07:51 AM
I started working on a volumetric renderer but didn't have the time to finish it.
So for now, HV will have to do, too bad that Newtek didn't add absorption because the HV would look a lot more like a liquid.
It should be simple enough to do, because they already know where the ray enters and exits the isosurface.

creacon

tischbein3
02-20-2014, 08:44 AM
+1 for absorption

Greenlaw
02-20-2014, 11:51 AM
If that's what it takes, +1 from me too. :)

ernpchan
02-20-2014, 12:08 PM
I started working on a volumetric renderer but didn't have the time to finish it.
So for now, HV will have to do, too bad that Newtek didn't add absorption because the HV would look a lot more like a liquid.
It should be simple enough to do, because they already know where the ray enters and exits the isosurface.

creacon

Make sure to submit a feature request.

geo_n
02-20-2014, 06:28 PM
Mass fogbuz absorption

Sebasvideo
02-21-2014, 10:00 AM
Here's something I just did with Blender fluids, the result is not exactly as I intended, but it can give people here an idea of what can be done in Blender and brought into Lightwave for surfacing and lighting. I may correct a few things and do it again to resemble the original tutorial better, since the letters inside the tank can barely be read with the animation I did on the faucet. But well, here it is: http://youtu.be/2c5zp32QQB4

rcallicotte
02-22-2014, 12:29 PM
+1

This is very nice.