PDA

View Full Version : iVGA for Win7

SNGLinks
01-20-2014, 01:09 PM
I have a TriCaster Studio and I'm trying to use its version of iVGA (dated 2008) on a network connected Win7 machine.

When I try to run iVGA on the Win7 machine I get a message saying that the colour scheme has changed and a message to say that the firewall has blocked the program.
I give the program permission to run. Then nothing happens, I don't see the iVGA icon on the screen.

Do I need a newer version of iVGA for Win7? If so, can I download a copy? I have updated the software on my TC350 to the latest version.

Now found the missing icon
It now seems to work.

Sorry!

kanep
01-20-2014, 02:35 PM
There are two version of iVGA for Windows. iVGA and iVGA Pro. iVGA does work with Windows 7 and TriCaster Studio and the one dated from 2008 sounds like that version. iVGA Pro will not work with older TriCaster SD units.

After iVGA runs, there should be a small icon down by the clock to tell you its running. If you see that, then go to your Tricaster Studio, and in the External tab the name of this computer should appear in one of the External Source drop down lists.

If that isn't working, then you need to check your network setup. Are the two systems in the name network TCP/IP subnet?