PDA

View Full Version : Rendering out with a transparent background LW10.

esallett
01-20-2014, 10:36 AM
Hiya.

I imagine this has been covered 1000 times on this forum, but I can't find anything that I fully understand, so hoping someone could give me simple steps of how to render out an animation from Lightwave 10.

I am importing the final render into After Effects to incorporate this into another animation.
Must admit, I'm not as pro on Lightwave as I would love to be! So if it could be explained as easily as possible I will greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance! :)

ernpchan
01-20-2014, 10:51 AM
Render to an image sequence with png32 or tga32 as your file choice.

Thomas Leitner
01-21-2014, 03:45 AM
Hiya.

I imagine this has been covered 1000 times on this forum, but I can't find anything that I fully understand, so hoping someone could give me simple steps of how to render out an animation from Lightwave 10.

I am importing the final render into After Effects to incorporate this into another animation.
Must admit, I'm not as pro on Lightwave as I would love to be! So if it could be explained as easily as possible I will greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi,
IŽll try to keep it short.

The usual way for compositing is to use premultiplied alpha channels. This means you render your objects with a (usual) black background.
DonŽt render with a background images (you can use it for positioning and testing but not for the final rendering). If you use a Environment image for reflections or/and lighting use the "Use Background Color" check box in the Compositing Opions window. In general everything that should be transparent in compositing must be completely black.

Choose an output format with alpha channel (e.g. png32 or for linear workflow: OpenEXR_RGBA). Make sure that Color Space and Alpha Color Space matches your output.

In After Effects choose premultiplied alpha with black for the image sequence.

ciao
Thomas